cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gateway Hub LAN port #4 red line

hashford
I've been around

On the Ignite Gateway Hub how does LAN port #4 (with the red line beside it) differ from the other 3.  I cannot connect to ignite TV through it but have no problem when using the other 3. What is the difference?

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Gateway Hub LAN port #4 red line

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@hashford wrote:

On the Ignite Gateway Hub how does LAN port #4 (with the red line beside it) differ from the other 3.

I don't have an an Ignite XB7 gateway so I can't do any testing.  The port that you refer to is a 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port.  The other ports on the XB7 are typical 1 Gigabit Ethernet.

If I remember correctly, the 2.5 GigE port is also different in that it can be configured as a WAN port.  This would be used with next-generation FTTH Internet technologies in situations where you would need to connect the XB7 to a separate fibre ONT.

I cannot connect to ignite TV through it but have no problem when using the other 3. What is the difference?

Could you be more specific?  Are you trying to connect an Ignite TV set-top box to this port?  The Ignite STB only has a 100 Mb/s Fast Ethernet port.  I don't know whether or not the XB7's 2.5 GigE port is compatible.  (2.5 GigE LAN switches, such as the QNAP QSW-1105-5T are compatible with 100BASE-TX devices.  I just don't know about the XB7 and do not have one to test with.)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Gateway Hub LAN port #4 red line

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@hashford wrote:

On the Ignite Gateway Hub how does LAN port #4 (with the red line beside it) differ from the other 3.

I don't have an an Ignite XB7 gateway so I can't do any testing.  The port that you refer to is a 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port.  The other ports on the XB7 are typical 1 Gigabit Ethernet.

If I remember correctly, the 2.5 GigE port is also different in that it can be configured as a WAN port.  This would be used with next-generation FTTH Internet technologies in situations where you would need to connect the XB7 to a separate fibre ONT.

I cannot connect to ignite TV through it but have no problem when using the other 3. What is the difference?

Could you be more specific?  Are you trying to connect an Ignite TV set-top box to this port?  The Ignite STB only has a 100 Mb/s Fast Ethernet port.  I don't know whether or not the XB7's 2.5 GigE port is compatible.  (2.5 GigE LAN switches, such as the QNAP QSW-1105-5T are compatible with 100BASE-TX devices.  I just don't know about the XB7 and do not have one to test with.)

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 in conversation