cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free to Me Shows Channels That Need a Subscription

Joneh1974
I plan to stick around

Continuous issues with free to me guide.  A year ago we called Rogers to say we have channels that when chosen say we need to subscribe to the channel.  First representative said that we were doing it wrong and that its a perk to know these other channels are available.  I disagreed but didn't get the help I needed.  Called back some time later to see if I could get someone who was more helpful.  They said it was a glitch in the system but they were working on it.

Now after a year of frustrations someone finally acknowledged that this was an issue and could help.  They fixed the channels showing up that  were not free to me but broke the first 17 channels in my lineup plus sporadic ones that we should have.  I called back and tech couldn't help so they escalated it.  Said it should be fixed within 24 hours.  I called 24 hours later and no fix.  Also no escalation.  Next person said they would escalate it and it would be 12 hours.  I called back 24 hours later and it was escalated but no resolution.  Now a year plus 4 days later we still don't have this fixed and are worse off.

If I was a new customer I am pretty positive that the system would work as expected before the install person left the house (within hours).  Why is this taking days/weeks and years to resolve when I have continuously paid my bill on time and in full every month?  Why should I continue to be a Rogers customer with continuous failures with information and service?

I don't want to but my plan is to leave Rogers and go to the competitor.  Why should I continuously pay full price for services that don't work? 

There's a ripple effect because each night our parents and our family watch the same tv channels in different houses.  Whatever number it is.  If our household moves to another company, they will follow to keep this easy program channel reference in tact.  I sure wish someone was helpful at Rogers.  oh well c'est la vie.

***Edited Labels***

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Free to Me Shows Channels That Need a Subscription

RogersTony

Hello, @Joneh1974

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

It's really disappointing to hear about all of the issues you've been having with your subscriptions over the past year. We'd hate to lose you as a customer over these issues. We want to help you with this and try to find a solution.

We'll need to review the notes on your file to see what has or hasn't been done and ensure we take the right steps to get this resolved. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this for you.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

Lurker_Returns
I'm a reliable contributor
This seems like an odd one-off situation...

Looking at my guide, in the top right-hand corner it says Guide/Free to Me, and there are no unsubscribed channels in the guide.

If you just "surf" from channel to channel with the CH UP/DOWN, then yes, you'll end up accessing unsubscribed channels. But, at least from here, works as it should....

Joneh1974
I plan to stick around

Thanks for the reply,

When I select the free to me guide it has both free to me channels and not free to me channels.  I rarely channel surf using the up/down channel selection and prefer to go to the channels that are available to me in the guide.

I am still confused why I can't be signed up as a new customer with new credentials to fix this issue.  Its been over a year.

No update from Rogers today and no fix.

Lurker_Returns
Just so I understand, clicking the guide button once brings up the guide. When you press it a second time, and select "Free to Me" from the resulting menu, the guide doesn't remember that setting?

Can you provide an example of a channel that gives you the subscription 'warning' when you select it from the guide?

Joneh1974
I plan to stick around

to clarify, when I am in the menu "Free to me" it shows channels that require a subscription.  These were confirmed as being channels I should get when looking at Rogers.com.

Update...

The free to me seems to be working but now I don't have access to channels 1- 17 and a couple others that are random through the guide.  If I go to Rogers.com it says they should be available but when I go to Free to me, they are not available.  Things like local  news and most of the channels we watch are now not available.  

I guess this is.. be careful of what you wish for because you never know what you will get.  This is definitely a couple steps backwards.

Lurker_Returns
A silly question, but it's always good to confirm the basics...have you tried rebooting your equipment?

Unplug all of your Ignite equipment, then reboot the modem. Once that's up, power up the boxes.

Joneh1974
I plan to stick around
Yes, we have rebooted (unplugged and plugged back in) all boxes. We have also had a tech "zap" our cable box about 5 times now. Each of these have only moved toward an escalation for our issue which is 6 days old. First issue 1 year to resolve. Continued issue now 6 days.

Joneh1974
I plan to stick around

New update.....

received a text saying the issue i was having is now fixed.  This couldn't be further from the truth.

Still missing channels 1 - 17 and other channels that should be available to me.

Whats going on Rogers!

Joneh1974
I plan to stick around

update... March 10,

now i have been on the phone for over an hour with no resolution.  transferred to 4 different departments now and the last person has informed me that I am going to customer service and is a 45 minute wait.  lets check the timeline

over a year ago I brought up the free to me channels not fixed and was reported as my issue

3 months later I brought it up again and they said it was a glitch in the system but would be corrected.

Now after paying full price all year and not getting the service I paid for, I have lost channels with the recent "fix"

6 days ago i lost channels 2 - 17 and channel 43. 

twice since then I received a text saying it was fixed but wasn't and i had to call in and explain myself again.

you are making is very difficult to be a Rogers customer...whats going on???

I'll send my next update once i talk to someone else at rogers.

n

Joneh1974
I plan to stick around

Same rogers agent just came back on the call to ask me which department i wanted to be transferred to.... cancellation or next level customer service.

I have been trying tirelessly to get this resolved and now have to wait longer in que because this person is confused??

Really rogers??

c'mon

Joneh1974
I plan to stick around
All Rogers services now do not work.

Each time I call I am on the phone for an average of 1.5 hours with no resolution. I have talked with ignite concierge, no help but repeating myself and hearing we'll get that fixed for you. An especially disappointing call was when I was asking for Luke who was referenced to me when talking to someone from the call center in kitchener, Ontario and the manager Luke was too busy, then his phone didn't work to explain to me why I don't have the services up and running. Essentially not helping his employees or me.

Now 2 days with no services at all and no idea when it will be working. Already missed 1 shift on Saturday. Am I going to lose Mondays work shift too? Nobody really knows.

March 14th i was on hold for 40 minutes and never talked to a rogers rep and was disconnected. Calling back....

Should we make a bet to see if the next rogers rep(s) can help. I know where my money is.....

Is anyone from Rogers out there who can help??

Joneh1974
I plan to stick around
Well that was a pretty safe bet.

Rogers services still not working. But don't worry the data that I am using while my wifi is down Will Not be covered by rogers even though this is a rogers system issue.

I have heard this issue is being escalated way too many times now with no fix.

Forum leaders, rogers reps ...... anyone.....how do I get the rogers services running. Escalating it isn't working.
Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation