Fox 1 Sports

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Fox 1 Sports

Here is the answer to danno100's question.

danno100 does NOT subscribe to Fox 1 Sports (Fox Sports 1) even though he said he does. He was confused and misunderstood.

He subscribes to Fox Sports Racing instead. Fox Sports 1 is a US only channel, it is not permitted in Canada, its intended audience is the Sports fans in the United States.

Fox Sports Racing channel is allowed to broadcast in Canada and Rogers currently carries it. It is a Different channel with different license, but they do get SOME CONTENT from their sister channels Fox Sports 1 & 2 and air them on Fox Sports Racing.

They are completely different channels.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There have been no further responses since the initial post but it's also possible that @danno100 could have asked for the "Fox Sports 1" channel, not knowing that it was not available in Canada, and a Rogers agent added Fox Sports Racing, possibly also not knowing the difference.

Regardless, I think it's clear by now that Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports Racing are entirely different channels.  Whether or not FSR is worth the $7/month subscription fee is up to individual subscribers, who will vote with their wallets.

ColdGranite
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The REAL problem with Fox Sports Racing is that the commercials have not changed in 5 years.

danno100
I Plan to Stick Around

I am not confused and misunderstood. We are getting ripped off in Canada with this station. Who is putting it together with horse racing??? old commercials and then some live content from USA's Fox Sports 1 stations. For something that is only 20% live it should of stayed as a Flex channel. That's all I was asking..I know it's not the same feed as I can view the live feed on the web.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You know Rogers Cable has no say in what is aired on Fox Sports Racing. Rogers is just the pipe which carries the signal from Fox's Master Control to your house, but you knew that right?.

If you have an issue with the lack of content on Fox Sports Racing, by all means give them a call or email them or write them a letter to express your frustration.

I bet almost no one does that any more. I highly doubt the Executives in the USA at Fox Sports Racing are reading these rogers community forums and saying oh we should do something about our channel?

Your more than welcome to contact the channel and express your frustration. In fact I encourage people to do that.

View solution in original post