Flex channel changes not showing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Flex channel changes not showing

hi new to rogers and tried the flex channel feature sadly it was a bust i switched 8 channels all the same time but only some show up on my guide plus the channels i removed are still there, when i go back in to the my rogers app or there website it shows the changes i have made but they did not go through ? is there a certain amount of time you need to wait?

***Edited Labels***

Re: Flex channel changes not showing

Hello @jblack78,

Welcome to the Community!

Typically the changes to the Flex Channels is instant. When did you make the swap? Has there been an automatic update since the changes? What happens when you manually choose one of the new channels, do you see a message on the screen?

Just need a little bit more info to assist you further.

RogersZia

I Plan to Stick Around

Same issue here. Exchanged my channels received a message that the change was made, but the channels aren’t in the guide. Old channels are still there. Tried a reboot but says I don’t have access to the new channels.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

maybe the CSR has to do some sort of "re-send to switch" or some kind of "re-hit" on their back end system to push the changes thru?

I Plan to Stick Around

Logged back in to verify if the channels were exchanged, now I get the following:

"Sorry, there's a problem.  There seems to be an issue with the information we received. Please contact us and we'll help you out."

I was getting that message for months, unable to exchange flex channels, then today I was able to (try) to exchange them and got a confirmation that the channels were exchanged (they were not), and now back to the same error.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@jjjjy7 wrote:

Logged back in to verify if the channels were exchanged, now I get the following:

"Sorry, there's a problem.  There seems to be an issue with the information we received. Please contact us and we'll help you out."

It might be down for maintenance.

I had a fairly lengthy discussion with tech support yesterday about problems with Flex Channel management in MyRogers.  "View my Flex Channels" was missing some of my subscribed channels and "Exchange Flex Channels" displayed some channels that I was not subscribed to.  Also, a number of active Flex Channels, some of which I am subscribed to, had also been removed from the channel picker... and I think that this was causing the web app to get into a bad state and was preventing me from making changes to my channel lineup.

I Plan to Stick Around

@-G-   I have noticed in the guide now I have several French language channels that I don't subscribe to.  Also, I am unable to add or view theme paks in the My Rogers site, that seems to be down as well.

Community,

Thank you all for flagging the Flex Channels Exchanging issue. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so we can collect the required data and submit ticket for the backend teams to investigate.

Please check our blog if you require assistance with the private messaging.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

After being transferred from one CSR to another yesterday, they all told me the same thing:  changing flex channels works about 50% of the time.    No need to open a ticket, this is a known Rogers issue.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersMoin wrote:

Community,

Thank you all for flagging the Flex Channels Exchanging issue. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so we can collect the required data and submit ticket for the backend teams to investigate.

Please check our blog if you require assistance with the private messaging.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Unfortunately, I'm still not able to exchange Flex Channels and all of the Rogers support reps that I have spoken with (including level-2 reps, in consultation with their support teams) are equally baffled as to how to fix it.  Here's a rundown on what I think is causing problems:

I'm currently subscribed to the Premier package.  Since I subscribed back in May, the following packages have been delisted and removed from the list of available Flex Channels:

If you are subscribed to any of the above channels, they are still active and you can tune into them, but their delisted status seems to break Flex Channel management on MyRogers:

• I am currently subscribed to 85 Flex channels but "View my Flex Channels" only lists 83; the two missing channels are delisted channels.
  • "Exchange Flex Channels" (when I was still able to open it) said that I was subscribed to 86 Flex Channels.  This includes the 83 Flex Channels listed above plus three other channels that I currently cannot tune into.  None of the delisted Flex Channels were shown, neither in the list of channels to remove nor in the list of channels to add.

If any of you are subscribed to Comedy Gold, it ceased broadcasting yesterday but still shows up in the list of available Flex Channels.  If you are able to exchange Flex Channels, swap that channel out while you still can.