cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex Channels, how long does it take?

Flame
I've been around

Just got igniteTV installed today and I’ve updated the flex channels using the online feature. It said the changes were process successfully but the channel are still not available. How long does it take for the change to update on my ignite box?

Also, downloaded the ignite apps and when I tried to login it says I don’t have ignite to be able to use them? Anyone else had these issues?

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Flex Channels, how long does it take?

RogersMaude

Good evening @Flame,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! Having access to the channels you picked is key! Your Rogers Ignite Bundle may comes with a selection of Flex Channels, which you can exchange in or out every 30 days if you want to try something new. 

When bringing updates to your Flex Channels, the changes should take effect on the same day. If you still don't have access, I would recommend you to reboot your Ignite TV box.

From the Help menu:

1. Press A on your remote.

2. Highlight Restart. Press OK.

3. Highlight Restart and press OK again. 

It may take a few moments for the TV box to reboot.

From the Ignite TV box:

1. Unplug the power cord from the back of the box.

2. Wait for 10 seconds and plug it back in.

The Ignite TV box should automatically reboot.

With regards to your Ignite TV app, I would recommend you to make sure your Ignite TV account number is successfully linked to your MyRogers online profile. Then, follow these steps before trying the app again:

1. Launch igniteTV.rogers.com.
  2. Use your MyRogers username and password to sign into your Ignite TV account.
  3. If this is your first time signing into your Ignite TV account on this computer, you will be prompted to accept the terms and conditions, then to enter a name for this new computer. Select OK to register this computer under your account.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogersMaude

Good evening @Flame,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! Having access to the channels you picked is key! Your Rogers Ignite Bundle may comes with a selection of Flex Channels, which you can exchange in or out every 30 days if you want to try something new. 

When bringing updates to your Flex Channels, the changes should take effect on the same day. If you still don't have access, I would recommend you to reboot your Ignite TV box.

From the Help menu:

1. Press A on your remote.

2. Highlight Restart. Press OK.

3. Highlight Restart and press OK again. 

It may take a few moments for the TV box to reboot.

From the Ignite TV box:

1. Unplug the power cord from the back of the box.

2. Wait for 10 seconds and plug it back in.

The Ignite TV box should automatically reboot.

With regards to your Ignite TV app, I would recommend you to make sure your Ignite TV account number is successfully linked to your MyRogers online profile. Then, follow these steps before trying the app again:

1. Launch igniteTV.rogers.com.
  2. Use your MyRogers username and password to sign into your Ignite TV account.
  3. If this is your first time signing into your Ignite TV account on this computer, you will be prompted to accept the terms and conditions, then to enter a name for this new computer. Select OK to register this computer under your account.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Flame wrote:

Just got igniteTV installed today and I’ve updated the flex channels using the online feature. It said the changes were process successfully but the channel are still not available. How long does it take for the change to update on my ignite box?

@RogersMaude wrote:

@Flame  Another little trick that has worked for me is to use "Sync PVR" in Settings > Device Settings

In addition to syncing the set-top box with the Cloud PVR, this also appears to re-sync the channel subscriptions.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation