cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex Channels - CTV Sci Fi

aries19ca
I plan to stick around

Why do the flex channels offer CTV Drama, CTV Comedy and CTV Life but not CTV Sci-Fi? How do you get that added to your package?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Flex Channels - CTV Sci Fi

RogersZia

Good evening @aries19ca,

CTV Sci-Fi Channel is currently only included in the Premier Package. However you can add it as a standalone channel for $7 per mo. or as part of the Drama & Comedy Theme Pack for $10.00 per mo.

Here's what's included in the Drama & Comedy Theme Pack:

Drama and Comedy.PNG

Please visit the Our Channels page for more info :).

RogersZia

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

RogersZia

Good evening @aries19ca,

CTV Sci-Fi Channel is currently only included in the Premier Package. However you can add it as a standalone channel for $7 per mo. or as part of the Drama & Comedy Theme Pack for $10.00 per mo.

Here's what's included in the Drama & Comedy Theme Pack:

Drama and Comedy.PNG

Please visit the Our Channels page for more info :).

RogersZia

jkervs
I've been around
But this channel was available on my package until just now. Why the change?

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor
It was in free preview for everyone in the month of January. Free preview ended yesterday (Jan 31st). Unless you have Premiere, you’ll have to add it as a stand-alone channel or buy the theme pack as mentioned above.

What’s interesting is that Bell and Rogers have historically been fairly similar with their offerings/packages and prices. However, after doing some homework (I was thinking of moving to Ignite as my Digital TV promo is ending in a few months), I’m finding that the Bell Fibe TV packages are slightly better...slightly better channel offering (CTV Sci-Fi included in most of their plans, by the way), and slightly cheaper Internet + TV bundle. I don’t want to switch to Bell, but it’s looking tempting.

virgcm
I've been around

this is  ludicrous! most of those channels offered in the drama comedy package are also in the my flex channels.  WHY NOT SCI-Fi!!!! Space used to be included.  

aries19ca
I plan to stick around

I just find it odd that DRAMA, LIFE, and COMEDY are flex channels and not SCI-FI. I only want it for 1 how so I am not about to pay 7 or 10 dollars. I will just find it online.

Same here I have all the other channels in that 10 package, but one channel costs me 7 dollars extra seems weird

Rogers you need to add this back or you will have a lot of sci-fi fans flocking to Netflix, Prime and Disney.  As if we haven’t already.   “Make it so, number one!”

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For what it's worth, I brought this issue up at the recent Ignite TV - Ask an Expert event: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Ask-an-Expert-Ignite-TV-Pt-II/m-p/450843/highlight/t...

Their response was: We value this kind of feedback, we are always looking at how to optimize our packages and provide more choice to our customers. Thanks for your suggestion!

SickOstrich
I've been around

This was too part of my package until the beginning of February with my Popular package and now it's not and I have to pay for it.  I got no notice that this was going to be removed from my package at all and I'm mad about this.  I took this package just so I can get this channel and now you remove it and ask me to pay more.  Seriously!

Hello @SickOstrich,

We appreciate you joining us in the Forums and congrats on your first post!

As mentioned by another user a bit earlier in this thread, the CTV Sci-Fi channel was only being offered for a limited time on a free preview from December 19th, 2019 to January 31st, 2020. It was not actually included in the Popular TV package. Apologies for any disappointment caused. 🙁

We do value your opinion and will be happy to pass it along to the appropriate team for review and consideration!

Thank you,

RogersLaura

I’m also disappointed with this.  I recently switched from a traditional VIP package to Ignite,  was satisfied for the first while,  then went on vacation, when I came back I find out we don’t get this channel anymore without paying additional.  So what I had before, I no longer have now.

davej13
I plan to stick around
Same, switched from digital cable and had to step down a tier to keep the price from skyrocketing. So now I pay more for less content that is much less reliable. Don't get me wrong, I really do like the ignite interface, App and remote but it's rare that three days does by without an issue.

lgarey
I plan to stick around

I am so annoyed by this. I switched from the Premier Package (cuz the price was just getting too high) to the Popular Package. I specifically asked about a few channels, Sci-Fi being one of them. I was assured it was part of the package and would be available as a Flex Channel. Less than 2 months later and I no longer have the channel without paying extra? Great customer service, Rogers? Continually adding more 'choice' but increasing the price... Gonna call Bell and see what kind of deals they're offering. 

Good afternoon @Igarey!

Please reach out to us via PM to @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

I'd like to take a look at your account and our current offers to see what options we have to get you this channel back without impacting your bill too much.

Regards,

RogersCorey

dalziel66
I plan to stick around

How about making the SciFi Channel a choice in the all Ignite Flex packages. There is still a lot of content I am not interested in my current Flex package (does not include the SciFi Channel) but I am forced to pick. 

I would like to have the SciFi Channel but do not want to pay more money for a higher tier with more channels I do not want.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dalziel66 wrote:

How about making the SciFi Channel a choice in the all Ignite Flex packages. There is still a lot of content I am not interested in my current Flex package (does not include the SciFi Channel) but I am forced to pick. 

I would like to have the SciFi Channel but do not want to pay more money for a higher tier with more channels I do not want.

CTV Sci-Fi is available as a Flex Channel in all of the current bundles.  However, if you subscribe to an older bundle, such as Popular, you are stuck with either subscribing to it as an individual channel, subscribing to a Theme Pack that contains the channel, or switching to an in-market bundle.  I really can't see Rogers ever adding CTV Sci-Fi to an older bundle, especially when it was a very tactical and deliberate choice not to include the channel in the first place.

Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 15 in conversation