cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex Channel Error Message

stagerseeney
I've been here awhile

Hi there,

We recently switched to a new tv package, and we were attempting to exchange our flex channels for the first time and keep receiving the following error message, and none of our changes will save:

"When you swap out or remove all your 4K channels we’ll automatically remove your {{enablerName}} subscription as well. Please contact us. We can help you out with it."

We talked to support and they indicated that it was because our new service wasn't completely set up yet, but it's now been two days and we still can't select our channels. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much

***Edited Labels***

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Flex Channel Error Message

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@stagerseeney  That is true.  It can sometimes take a few days for provisioning changes to trickle through to all of the back-end systems.

One thing that you can also try doing is to perform a System Refresh: Press the "A" button on your Ignite voice remote to access the Help screen, scroll right and select "System Refresh".  This will initiate a process to get your account in sync on the back-end systems and then get your set-top boxes in sync with your account.  It may not fix this particular issue but it's worth trying.

stagerseeney
I've been here awhile

Thank you! I'll definitely give this a try 🙂

djm55
I've been around

I am trying to change my flex channels but get a message that I have a "pending work order". No idea what that would be and can't get through on the chat or phone to get it fixed. Is there some other way to get this resolved? 

Hi @djm55

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 

Sorry to hear you are having trouble exchanging your Flex Channels. It is such a great feature to be able swap out channels. 

You can make unlimited exchanges within the first 30 days of installing your Ignite TV services or changing to a different Ignite TV channel package. After that, you can make unlimited exchanges once every 30 days.

Have you recently exchanged any Flex Channels within the past 30 days? 
If not and this pending order is for something else, it generally will close after 24 hours and you can try again. 

If you are still having issues, we can take a further look into your account. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Cheers
RogersJermaine

PLM1
I've been here awhile

I switched from wired cable to Ignite Premier last week.  It took two calls to sort out the final theme add-ons finally completed yesterday Monday mid-day.  Today Tuesday I try to swap channels and receive fllng message:

Sorry, there's a problem.

Looks like there's a pending work order on your account! Please contact us for more help.

I thought all my changes were processed real-time yesterday.  Do I have to wait for my billing cycle to turn over ? 

Hi @PLM1

Welcome to the Rogers Community! 

Congratulations on getting the new Ignite services! Were you able to swap out some of your channels yet? 
If you are still getting an error, please send us a private message to look into this further for you. You can find all the details on how to send us a PM in my post above. 

Thank you 
RogersJermaine

RedMarvel
I plan to stick around

I recently switched my account and wanted to set my Flex channels for the very first time.  I'm getting the same "When you swap out or remove all your 4K channels we’ll automatically remove your {{enablerName}} subscription as well. Please contact us. We can help you out with it."

(note the "Talk to an Agent" button in the error screen does not work). 

I tried the  System Refresh this morning. 

I still cannot change the Flex channels that were set when I switched to this system. 

I was not asked which Flex channels I wanted when I signed up for the Flex system so the Exchange should be permitted, since I haven't done one yet.

If, as implied above, you can only exchange Flex channels once every 30 days, the error message should say that, instead of the "4k" nonsense and tell you how many more days you have to wait until you can change it.  

If there are channels that I am not permitted to use in the Exchange they should not be shown in the Exchange screen.

If there are channels that I cannot deselect, they should be marked differently in the Exchange screen.

"Self-serve" means that I should not have to get an agent to help.

Hello @RedMarvel!

Thanks so much for using this forum to share your concern! I hope this message finds you well! 🙂

Just to clarify, which particular channels are you attempting to swap out for new ones? Most of your channels should be eligible to swap with no issue, however, there are a few exceptions. If you’re making a change to your Flex channels that impacts your 4K premium channels, you won’t be able to complete the exchange online yourself. With this being said, any of our support agents will be happy to help you out with that. 👍

To view our available avenues of support, please click here. Alternatively, you may also send us a PM @CommunityHelps and we'll be happy to assist you here as well. 

Kind regards!

RogersYasmine

senordd
I plan to stick around

I rarely change my flex channels but I saw a few new ones I wanted to try. I attempted to switch them on my own for a couple of day and it would always give me a technical error. Today I finally decided to call tech support and let them do it. Regular customer service would get an error when they tried to as well. They transferred me to the Ignite department which said they were able to do it but now neither the new channels or the old ones they removed work and when I login, it still says I’m subscribed to the old channels. They created a ticket for the issue and gave me a good will credit, but I still can’t swap any flex channels.

ReneHache
I plan to stick around

I've also having an error message when trying to exchange/flex channels.
When I click the "Exchange Flex Channels" link, I get "Sorry, there's a problem.
Sorry, you are not able to swap your channels at the moment. Please contact us and we'll help you out."

I've been getting this error for a few weeks, and I've been a Ignite TV subscriber for almost 2 years.

Also I never got a channel replacement when Paramount Network got removed, it was on my package (Premier) has a Flex channel.

senordd
I plan to stick around

I have 2 separate accounts, one's my parent's that I manage. I'm unable to swap flex channels on their account as well, but it looks like I'm missing a channel from when they messed up trying to swap my channels internally. I have 27 flex channels in total instead of 28.

sirmixalot
I've been here awhile

Its sad and frustrating to see that this issue has still not been resolved. I just recently downgraded my package to have flex channels now, and I'm getting this error message that it will remove my subscription. I will attempt the system refresh and I hope that works, but it looks like other users have indicated that it does not solve the issue. This is the busiest time to try and talk to a live agent, so I really hope I don't end up having to have tech support switch my flex channels manually. I never assumed this type of technical issue would happen with switching my flex channels, so I'm not very impressed!

sirmixalot
I've been here awhile

I also wonder now, if this issue is due to the system assigning flex channels by default. I have 10 flex channels assigned to my account, but I did not pick them. The system should not be assigning any flex channels, as I assume this is whats causing the problem. It tells me as soon as I go in that I already have 10 flex channels selected-despite that my new package just started yesterday. Now I'm stuck watching networks I normally don't care to watch and I'm also missing out on my PVR recording my favourite series, since I can't select those networks as my flex channels! This is a very frustrating process 😞

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sirmixalot  I had a similar issue where my account got into a bad state and I could not exchange Flex Channels.  Things got reset when I switched from Premier to Flex 20 + Sports and I was able to exchange Flex Channels again on MyRogers.

I don't know what happened in your case.  Yes, it's normal channels to get pre-selected for you.  They are listed as "Flex Channel Included" in https://www.rogers.com/bundles/channels

If you still cannot exchange Flex Channels in MyRogers, send a private message to @CommunityHelps  and ask them to exchange Flex Channels for you.  They can also open a ticket to get your account to get repaired.

sirmixalot
I've been here awhile

I still can not exchange my flex channels, so I will send the private message to the communityhelps desk. Thank you for suggesting this solution 🙂

Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 10 in conversation