We are getting the Flex 20+ Sports package on Monday. It says there are 66 channels included with 28 Flex channels. There are more than 66 channels when I click "included channels", and a whole bunch when I click "flex channels". Can someone explain to me, simply, what channels I will get? I am confused. 🙂 First time with Flex channels.
@slb260 Things make a bit more sense when you go to https://www.rogers.com/web/consumer/ignite-bundles/get-iptv and then click on the "Channels" tab.
Under the "Rogers Ignite Flex 20 + Sports Bundle" column, channels with a a check mark are included in the bundle.
You will also see channels marked "Flex Channel" or "Flex Channel Included". Out of all of those, you can pick 28. The "Flex Channel Included" channels are the default Flex Channels that Rogers pre-selects. You can exchange any of those for a "Flex Channel" channel.
You can exchange as many Flex Channels as you want every 30 days. Once you swap channels, you need to wait 30 days before you can process another exchange.
Also, when you first sign up for Ignite TV, I believe that you can still exchange Flex Channels an unlimited number of times during the first 30 days. After that, you need to wait 30 days before you can exchange channels again.
Also be sure to check out Free Previews.
1) Yes, you're right about the channel numbers being off. My guess is they didn't include the following in their total bc they're not network channels (and is why the count is off):
|Real Estate Channel|
|Today's Shopping Choice|
2) The total channels (66 in your case) INCLUDES the Preselected 28 Flex channels along with the "base channels" (it turns out even the "28" is off too when you add in TSN3-5, Sportsnet Series and YTV-West, W-West and CTV Comedy-West) . In other words, Total Channels = Flex Channels + Base Channels
3) The Available Flex channels, totalling 95 in my last count, are the ones you can substitute into your Flex channels (as correctly described above in this post).
4) The web page for Ignite bundles is misleading in that when you click on "See flex channels" (under Ignite Flex 20 + Sports heading), it doesn't explicitly say these are the available ones. Instead, to see the Preselected flex channels, click on "See all channels", then filter on right side for "Flex Channels" which will show all 28 of them.
5) Are TSN3-5 "preselected flex channels" in the Ignite Flex 20+Sports bundle in Toronto? I see that TSN 1 and 2 are indeed but unsure of TSN3-5. Perhaps it depends on location?
Here's what I get when I searched under Ignite Channels. It doesn't mention if they're Flex or not:
This is not fun at all. So confusing and time-consuming trying to figure it out when trying to make printable channel guides.
@Ninezero5 For information on what channels are included in Ignite TV bundles, go to https://www.rogers.com/iptv or https://www.rogers.com/bundles and click the "View bundles" button. Enter your address and you will see the channels that are included in your area for each package.
If I remember correctly, when the Flex 20 + Sports bundle first came out, it included the major sports networks in the base package and included 20 Flex Channels. You now have the option to swap out sports channels, if you do not want them, which (in my area) currently gives you 28 Flex Channels that you can customize to your liking.
The bundle structure is always subject to change so be sure to check Rogers.com to verify what is currently available in your area before ordering or making any changes to your services.
I have the following comments.
1. There is no longer a package called "Flex 20 + Sports". It is now called Flex 20 Including Sports.
2. When I go to the Rogers Website it shows the following channels as part of that package: I would certainly call these sports channels. Are you saying that you have this package and don't get these channels?
When I look at the Flex Channels I'm a bit confused because some of the sports channels (from above) appear to be Flex Channels. It looks as if you can swap these for others if you don't want them?
Same thing happens when I look at the Flex Channels link:
You get 50 basic channels most are legacy or older. You also pick 20 channels (your choice). No sports channels are included. I repeat, no sports channels are included. I and many others were told they were included - they are not
With Flex 20 Including Sports (Flex 20 + Sports is no longer available), channels such as TSN and Sportsnet East are shown as "Flex Channel Included". Those channels are not available as Flex Channels to Flex 5 or Flex 10 customers; to get them, they would either have to subscribe to them as individual channels or subscribe to a Theme Pack that includes them.
When Rogers designed the Flex 20 Including Sports, they factored in the high price for some sports channels in your allocation of 20 Flex Channels. You could swap out TSN1 (with an à la carte price of $18/month) for Vision TV if you like... but that would be an expensive swap from your perspective.