cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 20 + Sports Package Question

antoniettemar
I plan to stick around

Hi there: right now I have the old digital boxes and I am thinking about upgrading to ignite. I called Rogers and I was offered the flex 20 plus Sports. They sent me the channel listings, and I don't see Sportsnet Ontario on the list of channels. Anyone know whether it's included or whether I would have to pay extra for it? Basically our household watches a lot of sports so we're looking at all the TSN stations and all the Sportsnet stations. Let me know if anyone can answer my question. Thank you

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Flex 20 + Sports Package Question

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@antoniettemar  Are you sure that you are getting Flex 20 + Sports?  As far as I know, that package no longer exists; it is now Flex 20 Including Sports.

As for your question, check https://www.rogers.com/bundles/channels

Flex 20 Including Sports includes the "SportsNet East" Flex channel.  Click "Additional Channels" and you will see that it includes SportsNet Ontario.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@antoniettemar  Are you sure that you are getting Flex 20 + Sports?  As far as I know, that package no longer exists; it is now Flex 20 Including Sports.

As for your question, check https://www.rogers.com/bundles/channels

Flex 20 Including Sports includes the "SportsNet East" Flex channel.  Click "Additional Channels" and you will see that it includes SportsNet Ontario.

antoniettemar
I plan to stick around

Thanks you are correct, should be the flex 20 including sports, I'll check your suggestion and see if the sportsnet East, includes sportsnet ont. Two other questions because I'm totally confused. Once I order this package it comes with 20 default flex channels, I can switch them to whatever I prefer? Also i see some flex channels are the same  e.g w network , channel 27 and channel 305, why would they offer 2 choices for the same channel? Why is there a choice? Is one HD only and one 4k? Dont get it, why there are same options some of the same flex stations, thanks

@antoniettemar wrote:

Thanks you are correct, should be the flex 20 including sports, I'll check your suggestion and see if the sportsnet East, includes sportsnet ont. Two other questions because I'm totally confused. Once I order this package it comes with 20 default flex channels, I can switch them to whatever I prefer?

When you look at the package offerings, you will see channels listed as "Flex Channel"  and "Flex Channel Included".  "Included" are the ones that Rogers pre-selects for you, and you can swap any of those for any other Flex Channels that your package offers.

Also i see some flex channels are the same  e.g w network , channel 27 and channel 305, why would they offer 2 choices for the same channel? Why is there a choice?

Actually, when you order the "W" channel, that includes W (channels 27, 305) and W West (channel 306)

As for why channels appear twice, that's just how Rogers organizes their Guide.  Channels 2 through 99 are familiar channel numbers that Rogers has maintained forever, and are consistent across Digital TV and Ignite TV.  Channels also appear again in categorized groups, "higher up" in the Guide: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/FAQs-for-Ignite-TV-Packages-and-Channels/ta-p/443848

Why is there a choice? Is one HD only and one 4k? Dont get it, why there are same options some of the same flex stations, thanks

I'm not 100% sure about what you are referring to but I think that only the Flex 20 and Premier packages include 4K channels for free; Starter, Flex 5 and Flex 10 subscribers need to pay an additional charge to get them.  If you are eligible to receive 4K channels, then if you subscribe to channels such as SportsNet, TSN, Love Nature, etc., that also broadcast in 4K, then you will get those 4K channels included as well.

morrisfield
I've been here awhile

Am in same position you are. Sports net is a flex channel. Rogers offered and I accepted the Flex20 plus sports package. That means I get the 50 basic channels most get, plus 20 Flex channels that I from the Flex/Flex Included list. The sports package that was offered was Sports net One + Ontario + the 5 TSNs. Imagine my surprise when the 3 Flex picks with the highest channel numbers were not available. I was eventually able to decipher + it turns out that customer service know nothing of a Flex 20 plus sports package. After 90 minutes on hold waiting for the honour of speaking to a rep + 1 hour trying to explain the world to the rep, I gave up the n exhaustion and eliminated 3 channels that I wanted and expected

You are correct; it is INCLUDING sports - only it isn’t. I was offered + accepted Ignite Flex 20 including sports. That’s the TSNs + the Sportsnets. Even got it in writing at Rogers retail outlet. Next day I see that the last 3 of the 20 channels I chose 333,336,337 are not available to me and require a subscription!! I couldn’t fix anything online. So, after 90+ minutes on hold listening to music I learned from the rep that no sports channels AT ALL are included in Ignite Flex 20. What!! Rep tried putting a new plan together. I laughed + insisted I get what was promised. Another 90 minutes later I realized I wasn’t going anywhere. I removed 3 Flex channels that I cared less about. I didn’t get any sports that I was promised, I doubt you will too. Sorry. Rogers websites, training + customer service is a 0 out of 10. Pathetic!!

antoniettemar
I plan to stick around

Wow, what a mess, haven't switched yet, I think I'll keep my box u until I'm forced to give it up, hope things improve with this service, as it seems no one understands these packages 

@antoniettemar wrote:

Wow, what a mess, haven't switched yet, I think I'll keep my box u until I'm forced to give it up, hope things improve with this service, as it seems no one understands these packages 

If you go to https://www.rogers.com/bundles/channels and enter your address, you will see all of the channels that are included and available in all the Ignite bundles.  You can also send a private message to @CommunityHelps and request a channel listing, specific to the area where you live, for any Ignite TV package that you are interested in.  They can even provide you with a comparative listing, so that you can compare two different Ignite TV options or compare a Digital TV package with an Ignite TV package.

You may not like the way that Rogers structures their Ignite bundles... but all the information, about what is and is not included, is all out there.  The onus is also on you to do your due diligence before signing up for any service, to read the fine print, and validate anything that a sales rep tells you verbally.  (Remember, the rep that you are talking to may be new and may not even be a Rogers customer.  They may have little or no first-hand knowledge about any of the products or services that they are selling.)

If you have any questions or concerns, you can also post here, in the Community.  People here are all more than happy to help and share their experiences.  My Ignite TV service works very well... and if you do your research before signing up, you should not run into any surprises.

Laurajane09
I plan to stick around
I think it pretty good I get more channel then before for a lower price I can switch channel when I want

Laurajane09
I plan to stick around
I do like sports too

catra107
I'm here a lot

I have the Ignite Flex 20 plus sports and yes, it does include all the Sportsnet channels: One, Ontario, 360 capable of watching Leafs, Raptors and Jays games throughout the seasons. TSN is a flex channel that you can add if you wish. I have not as I'm primarily interested in baseball. Hope this answers your question.

Heather011
I've been here awhile
We found out after that Sportsnet Ontario is not included, even as a flex. We had to purchase another package just to get that channel

Heather011
I've been here awhile
Mine includes sports but doesn’t include sports net Ontario 😞
Which is always been a basic channel 22 on our old box. Now had to buy an additional package

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Heather011 wrote:
Mine includes sports but doesn’t include sports net Ontario

I'm not sure why you're not getting SNOnt.  It's included in the 51 channels.  I've taken a couple of screenshots below:  Use the following link, sign in for your address, scroll over to Flex 20 Including Sports and then click on the blue 51 total channels. You will see SNO listed there.

If this is actually your package, you should be getting SNO and if you're not, contact Rogers.

https://www.rogers.com/bundles/offers

F20IS1.png

F20IS2.png

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 in conversation