cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback for Technical Support and Dispatch

Shaz2
I've been here awhile

I moved to a new location. Got an appointment for technician to reach here between 4 to 6 for installation. They showed up at 10 in the morning. Technician left without doing anything. Called them again, after holding for 2 hours on the line, got another appointment for 4 to 6. This time dispatch officer calls me and apologizes that he don’t have any technician which he could send. My question is, if you can’t provide the service on the required time, then why give the commitment. I don’t need commitments or promises which you can’t deliver on time. If you are thinking about rogers think again. They don’t have people to pick your call on time, or at least do the job for you. Pathetic service.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Feedback for Technical Support and Dispatch

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi Shaz2,

I totally feel for you in your current situation.  I just want to remind you, that all businesses operating in Ontario are not immune to the ever changing and evolving state of the pandemic.  I always treat Rogers with respect  and dignity when I deal with them. When I am expecting a Technician visit from them, I remain calm and understanding of the situation. Especially in todays day and age where we have a surge of infections due to the Omnicron variant.

The technicians have a very tough job and are committed to visiting customers residences, even knowing the risks of the Covid-19 Virus. There could be a possibility they had some technicians contract the virus and are unable to come for their shift, and due to the surge in infections lately, it is very hard to find someone to replace them with.  This is something that affects EVERYONE and we all must show some sense of understanding and compassion for not just their safety but for yours as a customer.

After all, you would NOT want someone to come to your house who possibly was exposed to Omnicron and do their work, while possibly spreading the virus to you and  your loved ones, would you? nope you would not., so please have some sense of understanding that ALL businesses with employees at the forefront right now are struggling to maintain a proper healthy and safe workforce.  We need to put health before our other needs and so should you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi Shaz2,

I totally feel for you in your current situation.  I just want to remind you, that all businesses operating in Ontario are not immune to the ever changing and evolving state of the pandemic.  I always treat Rogers with respect  and dignity when I deal with them. When I am expecting a Technician visit from them, I remain calm and understanding of the situation. Especially in todays day and age where we have a surge of infections due to the Omnicron variant.

The technicians have a very tough job and are committed to visiting customers residences, even knowing the risks of the Covid-19 Virus. There could be a possibility they had some technicians contract the virus and are unable to come for their shift, and due to the surge in infections lately, it is very hard to find someone to replace them with.  This is something that affects EVERYONE and we all must show some sense of understanding and compassion for not just their safety but for yours as a customer.

After all, you would NOT want someone to come to your house who possibly was exposed to Omnicron and do their work, while possibly spreading the virus to you and  your loved ones, would you? nope you would not., so please have some sense of understanding that ALL businesses with employees at the forefront right now are struggling to maintain a proper healthy and safe workforce.  We need to put health before our other needs and so should you.

Shaz2
I've been here awhile
OK! Then why your technician CAME TO MY HOUSE in the MORNING when the appointment was for EVENING. Your covid excuse doesn’t make sense here because your technician was here at my house prior to the given time. I can just laugh at your reply. These whole three generic paragraphs of using covid as an excuse doesn’t even fit in this scenario. A bit of an advise: please read the feedback throughly before copying and pasting your generic response.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Shaz2 wrote:
OK! Then why your technician CAME TO MY HOUSE in the MORNING ...

@Pauly is not a Rogers Employee (as indicated by his resident expert signature, and mine).  He didn't use a generic reply. He took the time to write a response as to why technicians may not turn up at the appropriate time.

Another obvious reason is that during Christmas and New Years many people are off on holidays with other people filling in, or not being able to fill in, which may result with a mix up in times or a missed appointment.  No one likes to have missed appointments or technicians arriving at the incorrect time, but they can happen, especially under the two circumstances mentioned - COVID-19 and Holiday time.

Last few times I've had technicians come they have come on time, they could be tracked by e-mail or text and they typically called beforehand.  I'm not sure why, in your instance, this did not happen, but it can happen.  Perhaps if you give Rogers another chance they will set things right.

Shaz2
I've been here awhile
Thank you pualy and 57 for your time. I appreciate that. But this happened to me twice, I gave second chance, on first time technician did not call me before arriving. And on second time they didn’t come at all.
Holidays and covid are not the new instances yo deal with. This is business and we expect what we expect from them to deliver. It’s their responsibility to account for both covid and holidays (not the customer’s). Or at least they should inform us by any means that delays should be expected. Thanks again.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Shaz2, as mentioned by 57, I am not an employee, im a consumer just like you.  I get it that your frustrated with them and you have the right to be, and you have the right to choose your provider with your wallet.  I feel for you but Im not trying to nock you but I have a great sympathy for the company too I personally know theyre strugggling with workforce issues and the recent holidays too,  but in the end its your choice and vote with your wallet.  Just letting you know, other companies out there are not immune to this problem and are also having a challenging time to get appointments fulfilled, and calls answered in a timely mannor, this affects MANY providers so the grass is not always greener on the other side., if this is your ONLY complaint about rogers then so be it, but remember, you only install their product once and never deal with installation techs ever again after that so that should NOT be a deciding factor to rate the provider, also you have to factor in the times we are living in, pandemic, covid, employees sickness, staffing shortages, this is exceptional times and maybe someone who signs up in 2 months will NOT share the same experiences with you because things change on a day to day basis in this province. so go ahead and vote with your wallet choose a different provider but dont be surprised if you experience the same issues

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation