Feedback - Rogers Ignite TV Install

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Feedback - Rogers Ignite TV Install

Everything went excellent except for the following minor issues:

had to move home phone base to TV room right next to modem  (came from kitchen). 

Netflix has no voice searching (Rogers is working on it for the near future)

initially lost a few regularly watched TV stations e.g. CNN (but supposedly can switch back)

CONVERSELY 

no reduction in picture quality

voice commands on TV and YouTube work great and fast

was able to remove box and cables for Apple TV (used for Netflix) and Chromecast (used for YouTube transfer from Notebook)

All in all, install was less than half hour

price was significantly lower than my upcoming price increase under regular package.

highly recommend IGNITE!

***Edited Labels***

Re: Feedback - Rogers Ignite TV Install

Good evening @joeiaco,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us! We value the feedback and hope you continue to enjoy the Ignite TV service 🙂. 

RogersZia

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just a quick note.. the home phone shouldnt necessarily have to be moved.
Depends on if you have a phone line jack in near where the modem is now.

As long as there is a jack there, they should all be connected to each other.
So running a line from the modem to the jack, then plug in the base in another jack elsewhere.

(this all being said, that you did not have bell home phone before.  You will want to make sure that the bell line is disconnected from demark spot)

I Plan to Stick Around

Let me know please if you get CNN back.  Just had Ignite installed today, and disappointed that CP24 and CBCNN aren’t included.

I'm Here A Lot

Had Technician come in and was not able to install ignite as I did not want a wire going across my wall to the phone jack.

So far a mess. Called rogers back and they mentioned I have other options getting Mesh network installed but technician also mentioned my alarm may not work.

May not switch and just keep digital. Will keep you posted.

I've Been Here Awhile

yes! with Flex Channels you can drop some allocated channels  ( dropped some sports and kids) and activated CNN, Documentary Channel and one other 

Cheers Joe

I've Been Here Awhile

Phone system is Panasonic with base and 4 subs. The base phone HAS to be plugged into Rogers Modem which is in the TV room.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

my phone base requires an electrical outlet and a phone line to the back of the Rogers modem - Not a wall jack.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@joeiaco If you had the previous Rogers Home Phone modem, which is removed during the Ignite TV install, then your phone system is open and available for connection at any point.  Same would happen if you switched from Bell or other provider to Rogers.  The previous connection into the house's phone system would have been disconnected.  Normally that connection point is wherever the 66 block or previous Bell installation is or was located, but, it doesn't necessarily have to be at that point. 

In theory, the wall jack and modem port should be the same in terms of its output, so, it shouldn't matter where the modem actually connects to the phone system.  Once connected, the remaining telephone wall jacks in the home should be usable.  If that's not the case, that would suggest a higher than normal resistance with the house telephone wiring.

Now, one problem that has been noted is the lower REN output level for the XB6 modems, for which I've requested more info on.  That lower ringer power output level means that you can't run the same number of telephones off of the modem, compared to the previous Home Phone modem, or any other telephone ringer system.  That might be the cause for some customers having to connect directly to the modem in order to run their phone system.  

If you look at the bottom of the telephone or telephone base, you should see a REN number, which could range from 0.1 (low power required to ring) to 1.5 to 2 (higher power level required to ring).  The normal load in Canada for a home is 5, as in 5 telephones with a REN of 1, or a combination with a total REN of 5.  It looks like the REN output is not shown on the bottom of the XB6 modems and there is no publicly released REN  for either the Arris or Technicolor XB6 modems.