cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favourites Channels View - STB vs Ignite TV App

geophyzz
I'm here a lot

favourites bug?

Some of the channels I add as a Favourite from the "Guide/ Free to Me" list do not appear under the "Guide/Favourite Channels" list.  Most of the one's I have added appear but a few don't strangely.  I have tried to reboot the box and to remove and then re-add them as a Favourite with no effect in either case.   I could really use an answer as I am trying to create a list of Favourites that matches all the Free to Me channels but for the StingRay channels.  

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Favourites Channels View - STB vs Ignite TV App

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@geophyzz wrote:

Any luck with your channel test?  My power cycle and refresh today did not help.

Hi.  I believe have figured out why those channels are not appearing in your Favourite Channels view on the set-top box: If a favourite channel has a duplicate entry in the channel lineup, it is only shown once and only the lower channel is shown in the list.

For example, I marked channel 180 (PBS) as a favourite.  Channel 61 gets "starred" as well and only channel 61 gets shown in the Favourite Channels view.

I then marked channel 138 (CTV Toronto) as a favourite.  Channel 8 gets "starred" as well and now only channels 8 and 61 are shown in the Favourite Channels view.

By comparison, on the Ignite TV iOS app, Channels 8, 61, 138, 180, and CTV (TV GO) are shown in the Favourite Channels view.

I don't think that the problem that you are reporting is a bug; it appears to be a feature.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@geophyzz  Hi and welcome to the Community!

Do you see this happening only with specific channels or could this be due to the number of channels that you have added to Favourites?

Do you see all favourites in the Ignite TV mobile app or are some/the same channels missing there as well?

geophyzz
I'm here a lot

Hi, and thanks the help!

Seems to be just particular channels.  I added two more random channels and they appeared in the Favourites as expected.  

I do see them all in the app.  That helps, but I would like them all to appear on the box too.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@geophyzz  Thanks.  I was trying to see where the problem might be.  Favourites sync across all active devices so the problem could be in the set-top box, syncing with the back-end, devices getting out of sync, etc.  The sync appears to be working and you don't seem to be hitting a platform limitation so, the problem appears to be with the set-top box(es).

One other thing that you can try is to perform a System Refresh to ensure that everything is in sync.  To do this, press the "A" button on your remote (or go into Settings / Help) then select/click System Refresh.  (The refresh process can take up to 20 minutes to complete.)  It may be best to power-cycle all of your set-top boxes first, then initiate the Refresh once all of your boxes are have finished rebooting.

If System Refresh does not fix the problem, let us know which specific channels are not appearing in Favourites so we can try to replicate this.

geophyzz
I'm here a lot

The "Refesh" didn't help. But I did it before a power cycle and it seems to be in a mood now, and not want to do it again for a while :).  Any idea how long I have to wait to try again?  

The ones I have noticed (there may be more) are:

133 CBC

134 CTV

135 CTV2

175 PBS

and 601-605, 608 too.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@geophyzz wrote:

The "Refesh" didn't help. But I did it before a power cycle and it seems to be in a mood now, and not want to do it again for a while :).  Any idea how long I have to wait to try again?  

You can only initiate the System Refresh from a set-top box once per day.  This is not something that you should ever have to do routinely, only when you need to ensure that all of your Ignite TV devices are in sync with the back-end systems.

"Settings / Device Settings / Sync PVR" also syncs the set-top box with the back-end but this is not as thorough as System Refresh, which operates across all devices.

The ones I have noticed (there may be more) are:

133 CBC

134 CTV

135 CTV2

175 PBS

and 601-605, 608 too.

Just so that I am clear, are these stations not appearing with a  next to the channel icon in the Guide, not appearing in Guide "Favourites" view, or both?

I don't know whether or not I will be able to replicate this.  I think that I get all of those stations but do have those specific channel numbers in my location.

geophyzz
I'm here a lot

I'll try another power cycle and Refresh tomorrow.  

The sync PVR did not help.

They are not appearing in the Guide Favourites.  They do have a star next to the channel in the Guide All Channels or in Free to Me. 

Any luck with your channel test?  My power cycle and refresh today did not help.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@geophyzz wrote:

Hi.  I believe have figured out why those channels are not appearing in your Favourite Channels view on the set-top box: If a favourite channel has a duplicate entry in the channel lineup, it is only shown once and only the lower channel is shown in the list.

For example, I marked channel 180 (PBS) as a favourite.  Channel 61 gets "starred" as well and only channel 61 gets shown in the Favourite Channels view.

I then marked channel 138 (CTV Toronto) as a favourite.  Channel 8 gets "starred" as well and now only channels 8 and 61 are shown in the Favourite Channels view.

By comparison, on the Ignite TV iOS app, Channels 8, 61, 138, 180, and CTV (TV GO) are shown in the Favourite Channels view.

I don't think that the problem that you are reporting is a bug; it appears to be a feature.

geophyzz
I'm here a lot

Oh that makes a lot of a sense. And I checked a few of the channels and it explains my issue. Thanks so much!

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 2 in conversation