Fast Forward Recordings with Ignite TV Remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Biollw
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Fast Forward Recordings with Ignite TV Remote

Majors brands, Samsung, Panasonic and Insignia. No off brands here.

BP21
I've Been Around

That doesn’t seem to work for me. I press exit 3 times and 0300 and it just searches channel 300
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@BP21 : Per post 2 of this thread, you're supposed to key in 0030, not 0300 if you want a 30 second skip.  Post 5 discusses 0500 for 5 minutes....

pboc
I'm Here A Lot

Ignite TV remote control ( or out of control) is pathetic. When fast-forward or rewinding it's imposable to stop the show where I want when I press play. It's like a child wrote the code. Apology....a child could do a better job.

Out of the many issues with Ignite TV this is by far the most aggravating, try to rewind a goal or a touchdown and you'll get my drift.

The whole remote is a joke have to press 10-20 times just to find stuff. 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@pboc  If you only want to go back just a few seconds, or go back to a specific point with any precision , the REW button will not work... but you can do this with voice commands.  Try using, "Go back 10 seconds".  Hopefully Comcast can get this fixed soon.

Danbel08
I've Been Around

EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030

senordd
I Plan to Stick Around

Why is the fast forward and rewind so imprecise? It always goes back a bit when go back to normal speed and rarely stops where I want it to.
Bplayer
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I would speculate it is because it from is an internet feed that is buffered rather than a local media device. Could it be improved... no idea. It is a minor annoyance, but a 5-10 second disruption is really no big deal.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@senordd wrote:
Why is the fast forward and rewind so imprecise? It always goes back a bit when go back to normal speed and rarely stops where I want it to.

It is due to a Comcast bug/implementation quirk that has gone unfixed for ages.

I have tried to explain why the problem occurs in this post: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Fast-Forward-Function-Ignite-TV/m-p/474066/highlight...

The strange thing is that you can go back to any specific spot using voice commands ("Go back six seconds") but cannot using Rewind/Play.

Cindy13
I've Been Around

where do you have to be to do this. I do it and all it does is bring up the guide for channel 0030....