Fast Forward Recordings with Ignite TV Remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Fast Forward Recordings with Ignite TV Remote

@Biollw wrote:

Watched some you then watching some on demand now it page up is at 10 mins.

10-minute skip is the default when watching On Demand content.

Biollw
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Gave been watching one show for 20 episides on demand and NEVER has it been 10 mins. 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Biollw wrote:

Gave been watching one show for 20 episides on demand and NEVER has it been 10 mins. 

That would only happen when your set-top box reverts back to the default 5-minute skip.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

Page Up and Page Down:
- Jump several rows up or down in the guide and in other menu pages.
- Skip 10 minutes forward or back while watching Xfinity On Demand.
- Skip five minutes forward or back while watching any live TV or DVR recording.

On the other hand, if you configure the STB for 30-second skip, then that applies when watching live TV, recorded or On Demand content.

Biollw

Ahh I see. All I want is the 30 sec page up to STAY at 30 Seconds

Easy chore.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Biollw I really don't know what causes the Xi6 to revert back to a 5-minute skip, only that this has been an ongoing issue for some for years now: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XR15-30-second-skip/td-p/3154209

Which set-top box models do you have, Xi6-A or Xi6-T, or both?  If you have both variants, does this problem occur for you on both?

ColdGranite
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just for info, I have ignite for 6 weeks now, and in those 6 weeks, the FF has never reverted, once I set it to 30 seconds.

3 different XI6-T in the house.

Biollw

all 3 of my units are the Xi6-A. I have swapped them around because we use the one in the living room the most. And still it will revert to 5 mins. More use I guess and more chances to mess up.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Biollw wrote:

all 3 of my units are the Xi6-A. I have swapped them around because we use the one in the living room the most. And still it will revert to 5 mins. More use I guess and more chances to mess up.

The reason why I asked was that I do not recall ever losing the "30-second skip" on any of my Xi6-T set-top boxes and the last time that I recall this ever happening to me was with an Xi6-A.  However, I also only ever lost the setting a few times, not constantly.

My Xi6-A's all got replaced with the Xi6-T due to another issue, so I can't test to see if there are any differences between the two models.

Biollw

Well I swapped living room with the bedroom xi6 a, got it setup,
Confirmed it was a 30 sec skip.
Watched a video using xi6 YouTube app.
When finished returned to TV and starta recording, press page up and bang, it was back to 5 mins.

Now added note, went to live TV, then back into another recording, stupid thing just went to 30 ssc skip. And hen paused live TV for a bit and it's 30 secs

Perhaps all my boxes should be replaced with t version and see what happens
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Biollw  If you have reliable steps to break the 30-second skip, then I would document them and send them to @CommunityHelps .  Configure the 30-second skip, power-cycle the box, confirm that the 30-second skip still works, perform the steps-to-reproduce, then confirm that the box reverted back to the default 5-minute skip.  Perform those same steps on another box to confirm that they reproduce reliably.

You can request a box swap.  However, you currently have STBs that work with your TVs and there is a risk that you may run into new problems if you switch to different Xi6 hardware, although that risk should be minimal if your TV's are all from major top-tier brands such as Sony/LG/Samsung.