Fast Forward Function - Ignite TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Fast Forward Function - Ignite TV

When I fast forward a recorded program, and try to stop after the commercials, if I just press FF once, it stops where I want it to - but if I press FF twice, and try to stop after the commercials, I can cut off up to 5 minutes of the program that I am trying to watch - it's like the FF display is well behind the actual FF. Does anyone else have this issue ?

*** Added Labels ***

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Fast Forward Function - Ignite TV

I think the 2x and up FFW function goes further than it shows.

I use voice to FFW "3 and one half minutes". This runs past 90% of the commercials then I 1x FFW.  If I go too far I then use the skip back function button.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, I cannot stand it. I might as well watch the commercials as the fast forward at 1 is too slow and at 2 or 3 it does not show where you are and I over run it and have to rewind. I usually end up right back where I started.

I've Been Around

yes

I've Been Here Awhile

Wondering if anyone else is issues with fast forwarding or rewinding with Ignite TV.

Just like everyone else we like PVR'ing our shows and watching them another time all while fast forwarding the commercials, which used to be easy, now it's the most frustrating thing ever!

If we are watching a show and try fast forwarding the commercials firstly,

-The picture basically freezes for a couple seconds while the time is moving forward

-Then the picture jumps backwards before it goes forwards all while the time still going forward so you have no clue where you are and when you should press play.

-If I press PLAY ( for example ) at 5:00 in the show, it either jumps back to 4:30, or jumps ahead past 5:00,

It is so inconsistent I can't even stop it early to anticipate the jump back or ahead because I have no clue what's going to happen. 

Its very frustrating, almost to the point that i would be better off watching the commercials!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paying more money for Ignite and have more issues than we had before

Anyone else having this issue?????

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This is one of the known issues for the playback.

Beyond people having issues with the service due to poor setup...  there area a few known issues apparently being worked on, almost all revolving around PLAYBACK from recorded.

There are on again off again issues with Playback Quality on the recordings.  Live TV can be fine, so not a signal/speed issue, but get quality issues from recorded.
The FF, etc fuctions on those recordings.

Hopefully they are able to get it looked at and fixed soon.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Is it true that despite the FF issues if you utilize the voice control to skip ahead say 3  minutes, that works properly?  If you go beyond the end of the commercial, use "skip back"?

I Plan to Stick Around

@57 wrote:

Is it true that despite the FF issues if you utilize the voice control to skip ahead say 3  minutes, that works properly?  If you go beyond the end of the commercial, use "skip back"?

Not for me. I like using voice command and when there is FF issue, voice command is also effected...