Fairchild TV East (Channel 36) in Ignite TV always zoom

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Fairchild TV East (Channel 36) in Ignite TV always zoom

It seems the problem has been fixed today. Both Channel 36 and 750 display as 4:3 and black strips at the side. The image is not distorted in proportion. If I want the zoom, I can set the Auto Zoom setting to full. Thank you very much for all support from Rogers!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you Rogers for fixing the auto-zoom problem but there is still an annoying issue. When I first turned on the TV, Channel 36 or 751 will still be shown as 16:9. I have to switch to another channel and switch back in order to see Channel 36 or 751 in 4:3 format. How can this problem be fixed? Thanks.

Highlighted

Hello again, @kklee

You're most welcome! We're glad that the original issue you were experiencing has been resolved.

I can see how this new issue can be inconvenient. Can you please attempt a reboot of the Ignite TV box via the Troubleshooting settings?

Let us know if issues are persistent after a reboot.

RogersTony

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have unplugged the power cord to the Ignite TV boxes a few times before and the problem still exist. Note that if I watch Channel 36, switch off and switch on the TV after a short time (say an hour), Channel 36 will still be of 4:3 format. However, if I switch on the TV overnight, Channel 36 will become 16:9 and I have to switch to another channel and switch back to Channel 36 to get back to 4:3 format.

Highlighted

Hello, @kklee.

Thank you for power cycling the set-top boxes. Please send us a PM so we can have our backend team investigate the issue for you. Thank you for your patience. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

After almost 5 months with both Channel 36 and 751 display as 4:3 and black strips at the side and the image was not distorted in proportion, the problem occurred again starting last night July 16, 2020. Channel 36 was always auto-zoom while Channel 751 displayed correctly as 4:3. Could somebody investigate what has happened last night that bought back the problem? Thanks.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

usually to have someone investigate or RE-investigate an issue you need to call into customer service or open a request to them thru contacting them via chat/private message. a public post on a form will not open an investigation from them but fortunately will get their attention and they may contact you or tell you how to reach them to open the investigation

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Channel 36 was suddenly changed back to 4:3 format as I am watching TV today August 4, 2020 around 5:00PM. I don't know what has been done in the Rogers back office but I hope the problem of auto zoom will not be re-occurred again in the future. Thanks for all the support.