Fairchild TV East (Channel 36) in Ignite TV always zoom

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Fairchild TV East (Channel 36) in Ignite TV always zoom

@kklee  Thanks very much!  Okay, this confirms that Rogers is getting a 4:3 SD feed for both of these channels from Fairchild and they seem to be processing it correctly... at least for Mobile.  The big remaining question is, why are your TVs displaying channels 36 and 751 differently?

@CommunityHelps  We need to double-check that the encoders and back-end config are the same for both of these channels.

If Rogers can also do a temporary Flex Channel swap for me, I can then at least confirm whether or not the channels display correctly on my TVs.  (I know from past experience that they display 4:3 SD channels correctly.)

@kklee  If there's no problem with the Ignite back-end config and the channels display correctly on my TVs, then it would point to something on your side... and I'll then be at a loss as to how to fix it; perhaps @57  can assist further depending on how the final troubleshooting goes.  (Also, could you please check the label on the bottom of your set-top boxes?  What model(s) do you have?  Xi6-A or Xi6-T?)

Thanks!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'll appreciate if somebody could verify it but I have visited a Rogers store and the staff got the same problem on the TV in the store.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kklee wrote:

I have visited a Rogers store and the staff got the same problem on the TV in the store.

Thanks.  Interesting.  Well, the source feeds appear to be in the same format and Channel 751 displays correctly on your TV (and in the store as well??) ... so, what's different about Channel 36?  Rogers still has some work to do to investigate this issue on their end.

Highlighted

Hey @kklee!

If you haven't already had it done by one of our tech support agents, we should escalate a ticket to ensure that this is getting looked into now that it's been confirmed to be happening in multiple locations.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps and we'll work together towards an answer. 🙂

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Don't know what the process is but please escalate to Rogers Support to open a ticket to get the problem fixed. Thanks.

Highlighted

@kklee

I would need to open your account first before I could escalate this ticket. Please work with us so we can resolve this issue for you. 

If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I sent a Private Message to @CommunityHelps requesting to open a ticket. Please advise the next step. Thanks.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My WILD guess is channel 36 has the AFD flag encoded at the source, while 751 does not., the mobile platform aka the ignite mobile app appears to ignore this flag and displays it as 4:3, but the ignite set top box recognizes this flag and displays the signal as 16:9.

as to why one channel has it and the other does not, its probably a source provider issue so fairchilds TV's issue.

Guys I seen this before on Italian channel. if it works the same way on Rogers lab TV as yours its likely a source issue. go ahead and open a ticket tho, let them escalate it to the source provider, usually these people are unaware of any issues so good to bring it up for once

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I just switched to Ignite and have the same issue. When I watch the programs it is squished with black bars on the top and bottom of the screen. But then when it goes to commercial, some commercials are squished more then others, but then some commercials are in full screen (no black bars). Is that what's happening on yours?

Highlighted

Good evening @temp10,

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

Thanks for posting to the Community. I can understand the inconveniences this may cause you.

Have you already set Auto Zoom to "none" on your TV set? I'm assuming that the Fairchild TV East broadcast to fill the TV screen on the Ignite TV platform. 

To further assist, we'll need more information from you. When did you first notice the issue?

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude