Fairchild TV East (Channel 36) in Ignite TV always zoom

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Fairchild TV East (Channel 36) in Ignite TV always zoom

I just switched to Ignite TV and have an annoying problem. Fairchild TV is not a HD channel so I watch it with TV box setting “Auto Zoom”None. I don’t want zooming because it will make the picture “un-natural”. After switching to Ignite TV and setting “Auto Zoom” to None, I found that Fairchild TV West (Channel 751) does not zoom, but Fairchild TV East (Channel 36 and 750) still zoom to size of screen. Anybody experience the same thing and any suggestion on fixing it? Thanks.

*Added Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Fairchild TV East (Channel 36) in Ignite TV always zoom

It seems the problem has been fixed today. Both Channel 36 and 750 display as 4:3 and black strips at the side. The image is not distorted in proportion. If I want the zoom, I can set the Auto Zoom setting to full. Thank you very much for all support from Rogers!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Hello, @kklee.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😀

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. I can understand your point, filling the TV screen for an SD channel can cause stretching and loss of edge image. I'm assuming that the Fairchild TV East broadcast to fill the TV screen on the Ignite TV platform since you have already set Auto Zoom to none on your TV set. 

@-G-, @Gdkitty, @Biollw may have more insight on this subject. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersMoin  I can't help here because I don't subscribe to Fairchild TV, and don't think that I subscribe to any other SD flex channels anymore either.  However, I did see this same problem back when I subscribed to Comedy Gold.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the reply. 

Are you saying that the problem is due to Fairchild TV instead of Rogers? Do I have to contact Fairchild TV or Rogers should do that?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kklee wrote:

Are you saying that the problem is due to Fairchild TV instead of Rogers? Do I have to contact Fairchild TV or Rogers should do that?

It could be either; it all depends on the source signal and how Rogers encodes and streams the channel.  However, I'm leaning toward this being a Rogers issue given that you are able to get the Fairchild West channel to display correctly on your TV.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

I am thinking to upgrade to Ignite TV Premier bundle.
Is Fairchild ch 750 a FLEX Channel under Ignite Premier?
I checked the Channel list in Rogers web, yes it is.
But if I go to upgrade offer, it is not included as FLEX channel.
So if anyone can help me that will be excellent.

Thanks

Alfred@Aurora

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What is the procedure to engage Rogers Support for them to fix the problem?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kklee : please see the following link. Click on Technical Support and then choose your preferred option - say Ignite TV Support under Chat.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus

Since it's the holiday season, I'd probably hold off until January 2 or later...

You can also use Share A Concern, but make it clear you're on Ignite.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

Highlighted

Good morning @Alfred-Aurora,

Thanks for joining us in the Rogers Community Forums and great first post! 😊

If you switch over to our Ignite TV service on our Premier TV package, you should have the option to select the Fairchild TV channel as one of your Flex Channels. Our Ignite TV Concierge team can always help you make this change if you are having difficulty doing so via the self-serve options.

You may also reach out to us using any of the avenues available through THIS LINK, or you may send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps so we can double-check this for you and assist with any service changes you would like to make. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Thank you,

RogersLaura

I hope this helps! 🙂

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi kklee, so your saying Fairchild TV East (36 and 750) look like its zoomed when you have the zoom setting to none? what you need to do is take a picture of it and post it here and have someone else on rogers ignite tv confirm if it happens to them too, it could be a problem with ignite or could be a source signal problem we dont know until we see a pictture so we can investigate.