Really why is this issue not resolved. Some of us have been living with the problem since last summer. The best I have been able to obtain in the way of assistance is to access this feature through my smartphone which does not work a lot of the time(like now). As far as asking the "community helps" folks to make the changes for me that is somewhat of a problem since I can't see what I have chosen from the available channels up until now....don't know what channels I am able to select and so on. And please don't suggest that I should be keeping a list of all this stuff....just fix your . system
@Webster01 Did you open a support ticket for this issue and get it escalated internally within Rogers for investigation by a specialist? I also experienced problems with Flex Channel exchanges due to some problems with my account in the back-end, and those issues have since been fixed for me.
I did and they were unable to fix it. Yesterday I tried the "Edge" browser and guess what it works on Edge. Have no Idea why. So I have Edge on my computer to do one thing only. Maybe someone having this problem as I did will see this post and give it a try.
I have content blockers enabled in my browsers that DO block many "trackers" on Rogers web sites. In my case, it does not break the site but other (more aggressive, more restrictive) content blockers, and certain browser configurations, may. I have also run into situations where sites can break after a browser upgrade. If a web site ever does break, I use the browser's developer tools to determine the cause. Sometimes the only quick workaround is to disable/reconfigure content blockers or to try using a different browser.
Well, it's comforting to know I'm not alone but quite demoralizing to find that this error message when trying to exchange Flex channels has been around for years! What kind of IT department do you have at Rogers? The idea of a website belonging to a major telecom company that has had the same error messages for months and months is laughable.
I just started with Ignite a week ago. Not my first choice. I wanted to sign up with Metroloop. They gave me the runaround from early September until it was too late to run a line to our house ("we can't drill if the ground is frozen").
I've so far spent almost two hours in an online chat trying to straighten out the fact that I now have two TV packages showing on my account page and innocently asking why I couldn't get in to change my Flex channels. The CSR said he would escalate my problem with the error message and switched a few channels for me. But I don't want to spend hours waiting on an online chat when I just need to swap out a few channels. In this day and age, the very idea is just plain silly and especially as they keep on plugging that online is the only way to do it.
I have tried Firefox, Chrome, Edge and even Internet Explorer (figuring that maybe the Rogers website was built using Windows 3.1) and none of them work with the Rogers site even with caches and cookies cleared.
For heaven's sake, just hire some high school kid or something and get the problem fixed.