Error Message When Exchanging Flex Channels for Ignite TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Error Message When Exchanging Flex Channels for Ignite TV

@cockapoo wrote:

we have tried several times to change our flex channels since being forced to buy the ignite plan from our old reliable digital plan but always the same "error on their end" message. I've been talking to them on phone, lots of apologies and acknowledgements of technical problems and they are working on it but they will gladly change the channels for me if I give them the changes. Well I think this is their master plan but it's not what I agreed to when buying Ignite, sorry. I want to do my own changes as promoted by Rogers!

Welcome to the Rogers Community!  The problem that you are experiencing actually goes against their "master plan".  Rogers would much prefer that you make changes to your account on your own in My Rogers than tying up one of their support agents on the telephone.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have the same issue since the very day one of my new plan. I was able to see the Exchange Channels interface work once but the change was actually never applied. I called Support and they did the change for me, but they also told me that there is nothing to be done for fixing my issue with the system. Which sucks!

Which makes me wonder if this feature has ever worked.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jfederico1  It did work at one time and then broke (for me) when Rogers adjusted their channel lineups.  I got into a situation where I was subscribed to Flex Channels that were still being broadcast but were no longer listed for new subscribers because they had been slated for removal.  This confused the app for exchanging channels and I got an error when I tried to swap channels.  When Rogers processed the change manually, I ended up losing access to channels that I had been subscribed to, and they were unable to re-add them to my lineup once they were gone.

The UI for exchanging Flex Channels has been updated since then, so you would think that Rogers would have fixed what had been broken before.  If you are happy with the changes that "Exchange Flex Channels" would have made then it should be safe for Customer Care to make the changes for you until Rogers fixes their software.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

We were having the same issue not be able to exchange channels on the Rogers website. Then, we tried using the MyRogers mobile app and had success. Following that, we found that the Rogers website was also working. Go figure!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Happy to report that the issue of Flex Channel changing from home was fixed and we did it ourselves. Still a bit dubious of the repair timing and the posts on here. We still miss our digital plan. Now if only, when we select the channel guide,  our "free to me" selection could be the default channel list instead of the complete channel list which includes all the ones we don't have. 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

For the last three weeks on two computers and various browsers I have been trying to go in and change my Flex Channels. It keeps on telling me when I click on that link there is a problem at Rogers end and I should come back later. It goes give me the option to go chat online or phone but I rather do this myself so I know I remove the correct channels and put the ones I want back on.

Highlighted

Hey @jgray19,

A very warm welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and nice first post! 👍

As per one of my earlier posts and just to clarify, you are able to make unlimited exchanges from your Flex channel pool within the first 30 days of installing your Ignite TV services or changing your Ignite TV channel package. After that time, you can make unlimited exchanges every 30 days.

For step by step instructions on how to exchange Ignite TV channels using the Ignite TV Channel Exchange, please CLICK HERE. I would suggest trying through the MyRogers app if not already done.

If you are still having trouble with exchanging your Flex channels (and it has been more than 30 days since your last request), you may reach out to us directly @CommunityHelps so we can assist. For instructions on how to send us a Private Message, please CLICK HERE

As an alternative, you may also get in touch with our dedicated Ignite TV Concierge Team by calling 1.866.299.3622 (press '0' to speak to a live agent). The Care team is available to assist Monday to Sunday: 7:00 am – 10:00 pm (ET).

Thank you!

RogersLaura

Highlighted
I've Been Around

The instructions which are in the link below work ONLY if the rogers system is working. What is being reporting in this forum is that the rogers system is NOT working. We are seeing "Sorry, something went wrong. Some of the information on this page may be missing. Please try again later." as an error message. Calling support is proving pointless as they are not able to solve technical problems with the rogers website.....
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I would love to know why I've never been able to exchange my flex channels online. I'm now actually trying to upgrade my package and switch flex channels as a part of that and I'm getting rejected. Rogers...you're losing money by not dealing with your customer needs. If you offer self-serve options, they really should work...you don't seem to want to talk to me on the phone any more than I want to call in to have this done.

This is not the first time I find myself on your community forums looking for an answer so I can educate whoever I get on the phone as to how to fix my problem (see my previous posts regarding Crave that took months to resolve).

Highlighted

Hello, @RLA

We appreciate you posting your concern in the Community!

I can imagine how frustrating it must be to have these issues when trying to use our Self-Serve options. 

This is definitely not the experience that we have envisioned for you. It's possible there could be an issue with your MyRogers profile that is preventing these features from working. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can take a closer look at this for you.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, Click Here.

RogersTony