Error Message When Exchanging Flex Channels for Ignite TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Error Message When Exchanging Flex Channels for Ignite TV

After not being able to switch Flex channels myself, I asked the Rogers technical team to switch Flex channels for me and they refused. The ability to change channels was one of the reasons for the switch to Ignite TV.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Refused? Thats odd..
Unless tech support are not able to from their end.. and has to be done more from the account side?

Guessing you have done the normal trouble shooting, tried different browsers, etc (in case the site was acting funny with one or the other).

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Something is definitely messed up with the Flex Channel exchange, and even with viewing the list of subscribed channels.

If I go into My Rogers and try to swap channels, I see channels on the left to remove (e.g. BBC World News) that I am supposedly subscribed to but that I cannot tune into.  IFC and CosmoTV will cease broadcasting in Canada at the end of September so I tried to check their status; I don't see either of those in my list of channels to remove or in the list of channels to add.

Even when I click "View my channel lineup", I don't see IFC on that list although I am definitely subscribed to it.  BBC World News is not on that list and I don't know whether or not it should be.  I don't know if any of my other subscribed channels are missing, although I don't see any channels that are listed in error.

Highlighted

Hey what's up -G-!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the flex channel exchange! It's a great feature and certainly should be working without issue.
I would definitely recommend contacting support or us here @CommunityHelps. If the issue can be replicated a ticket can be escalated to see this resolved.

Hoping this gets addressed for you soon!

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I’ve already done that and it’s still not resolved. I getting very frustrated with the entire process. Hasn’t worked since April. Here is my ticket number C146387652. I’m losing faith that Rogers will ever resolve the issue.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a ticket number as well. 146178690. Been trying to access flex channels since middle of July. No luck and as well Rogers refuses to change them for me. Asked again on Friday 23rd. They said they could not until ticket is resolved.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@automann wrote:

...Rogers refuses to change them for me. 

Have you tried the mods here @CommunityHelps per post 2 of this thread?

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Error-Message-When-Exchanging-Flex-Channels-for-Igni...

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersAndy wrote:

Hey what's up -G-!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the flex channel exchange! It's a great feature and certainly should be working without issue.
I would definitely recommend contacting support or us here @CommunityHelps. If the issue can be replicated a ticket can be escalated to see this resolved.

Hoping this gets addressed for you soon!

@RogersAndy

Hi, Andy. Just to be clear, the last time I actually tried to swap flex channels was 3 months ago. It worked fine the first the first few times, then it suddenly stopped working.  I reported the problem at the end of May and the Tech Support team had to make the channel swap for me.  I haven't tried to make any further changes since then.

Regarding the current anomalies in the MyRogers TV management portal, I'll send a PM to @CommunityHelps detailing the issues and inconsistencies that I have found so far.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

we have tried several times to change our flex channels since being forced to buy the ignite plan from our old reliable digital plan but always the same "error on their end" message. I've been talking to them on phone, lots of apologies and acknowledgements of technical problems and they are working on it but they will gladly change the channels for me if I give them the changes. Well I think this is their master plan but it's not what I agreed to when buying Ignite, sorry. I want to do my own changes as promoted by Rogers!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I too have attempted twice to exchange channels on line but got a technical problem message.

Both times I then called Rogers with the list of channels I wanted to flex out and channels I wanted to flex in.

Waited less then 2 minutes and the switch was done in a matter of minutes.

Did the same thing for my neighbour, called in and switched a couple of channels for her. No problem.

After getting set up with Ignite I went through the channel list provided by Rogers. Wrote all the channels out in alphabetical order, checked to make sure I had what I was supposed to have. Then did the exchanges.

Now I have 6 pages cut down to 7" in alpha order so it's easy to find out what is where.

Yes, I am an organizational freak🤣