Error Message When Exchanging Flex Channels for Ignite TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Error Message When Exchanging Flex Channels for Ignite TV

Has anyone had issues changing their flex channels?  It tells me I can change them (ie more than 30 days) and I can go through the process, but when I click confirm I get the message "There is a technical error on our end.  Please try again later. " Well it's been two months and I keep getting the error - I have tried different browsers, but no luck.  Tech support hasn't been much help.

**Labels Added**

Re: Error Message When Exchanging Flex Channels for Ignite TV

Hello jjjjy7,

Thank you for reaching out to the Rogers Community for help with your concern! You are correct, Ignite TV customers should have the ability to swap their Flex Channels every 30 days. 

You can make unlimited exchanges from your Flex channel pool within the first 30 days of installing your Ignite TV services or changing your Ignite TV channel package. After that time, you can make unlimited exchanges every 30 days.

For step by step instructions on how to exchange Ignite TV channels using the Ignite TV Channel Exchange, please CLICK HERE.

If you are still having trouble with exchanging your Flex channels (and seeing that it has been more than 30 days since your last request), you may reach out to us directly @CommunityHelps so we can assist. For instructions on how to send us a Private Message, please CLICK HERE

Alternatively, you may also contact our dedicated Ignite TV Concierge Team by calling 1.866.299.3622 (press '0' to speak to a live agent). The Care team is available to assist Monday to Sunday: 7:00 am – 10:00 pm (ET).

I hope this information is useful! 🙂

RogersLaura

I Plan to Stick Around

I experienced this same problem myself.  During my first 28 days, I successfully made a few changes to my flex channels and it worked just fine.  With a only few days left in my initial grace period, I tried to make another swap and ran into the same problem that you did.  I tried again the next day, and the day after that, and it still kept failing with the same generic, non-specific "Technical Error".  There was no sign of any problem until I tried to finalize the change.

I called Technical Support to report the issue, and the support agent was also able to perform the flex channel swap for me.  That was one month ago.  I haven't tried (or needed) to make another change since then but it would be nice to know why this broke and if it ever got fixed.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the post.  That's exactly what is happening to me.  The error messages reads "There is a technical error on our end and we are working to fix it". 

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you, but I really don't need instructions on how to exchange channels  ... the error is on Rogers' end, not mine as the message clearly indicates.  The dedicated Ignite TV Concierge Team is of no use - other than making me wait on hold for 45 minutes only to ask me "How are you doing today"?   

Hi @jjjjy7,

Thanks for your reply!

I am disappointed to hear that you were not able to receive help with getting your Flex channels swapped when you contacted our Ignite TV Concierge Team. They should have access to assist with this type of request. What did they suggest when you spoke with them? 

As per my previous post, we can also assist you here in the Rogers Community Forums if you'd like to send us a PM? 😊

Kind regards,
RogersLaura

I've Been Around

I'm having the same problem.  Called them before, and it was fixed for awhile, and now I'm having the same problem again.  I'm waiting for them to fix it "on their end"

I've Been Here Awhile

same problem here july 22  Tech wants to tell me what channels are available and they will change them.  Have had nothing but problems since installation 5 week ago  

I've Been Here Awhile

I have been trying to get access to my flex channels since July 21. Have called Rogers repeatedly and have gotten the run around. All they say is that they are working on the issue. It will soon be 4 weeks of trying.

Hello @Jif18 @moongazer @automann ,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

I know how convenient and time saving self serve options are. If you need assistance with exchanging flex channels please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we'd be happy to complete the request for you.

You can also reach out to our dedicated Ignite TV Concierge Team at 1-866-299-3622 (press '0' to speak to a live agent). The hours of operation are Monday to Sunday: 7:00 am – 10:00 pm (ET).

Hope this helps!

RogersZia