Enable Guest Mode on Ignite TV Modem/Router

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Enable Guest Mode on Ignite TV Modem/Router

@kklee wrote:

I just switched to Ignite Wifi. Could someone advise on the procedure how to set up a guest Wifi in Ignite Wifi where my guests can connect to and use a different Wifi password than the host Wifi? Thanks.

If you have the XB6 modem, then unfortunately you cannot do what you want at this time. Please see post 5 of this thread.

If you have a different modem, please advise us the exact make/model.  

(Your post was moved to this existing thread on the topic.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It’s really too bad Rogers can’t figure this out with a software update. I’m thinking of leaving Rogers after 10 years with them.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Technically, the XB6 Gateway is capable of supporting secondary Wi-Fi networks and this capability could be used to provide a "Guest Wi-Fi" feature.  However, as far as I know, Comcast (so far) only provides integration for a Hotspot service.  Shaw and Comcast do this and expect guests to connect that way.  Rogers has remained tight-lipped on what they are planning but they do have a bunch of hidden SSIDs enabled on the XB6 that you cannot disable, even when you disable Wi-Fi or enable Bridge Mode.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Plus One for the guest network. We switched from Bell and they have it available on their modem.

Rogers, please listen to your customers, or you will start losing them...

I do know that the Ignite system is really controlled by Comcast, but please pressure them to add this very useful feature that would only cost them a software update.

Thank you for listening.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

How do I add my husband and child to ignite wifi? Add labels is not a clear response!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Are you trying to do it via the APP? or Website?
Instructions vary slightly from each.

You will want to go to the PEOPLE tab.
On mobile there should be a + on the top right, the website it says Create a Profile
This will allow you to ad a new user profile.

From there, you can then click on the Assign a Device part under them.. and go through the list of devices and add them to that user.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

How to set up guest network with Ignite WiFi Gateway modem?

Is this even possible on this modem? There is no document for this modem type. I downloaded Ignite Wifi App, the only thing close is people profile, is this the same thing? Please advise. Thanks ... Dave

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@pig00_ca wrote:

Is this even possible on this modem? There is no document for this modem type. I downloaded Ignite Wifi App, the only thing close is people profile, is this the same thing? Please advise. Thanks ... Dave

Hi and welcome to the Community Forums.  Unfortunately, the XB6 Gateway does not currently allow you to configure a Guest network with a separate password for visitors.  A number of people have asked for this feature to be added.

As a workaround, others have connected an unused Wi-Fi router and used that for providing temporary Wi-Fi access to guests.  You can also configure parental controls for that device to restrict the content that can be accessed by guests.