cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Deactivating an Xi6 TV Box Reset it to Factory Default Settings?

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor

Hello. I decided to get rid of our additional Xi6 tv box (we only need one) so called Rogers and they processed the work order. As soon as they were done, I received a “this device is not authorized…” message on the tv screen connected to the Xi6 I’m returning. So far so good. But I forgot to sign-out of all my streaming apps on that tv box (Netflix, Disney, etc) and now I can’t because the box has been deactivated and I can’t get into it.

Am I correct to assume that the box has been returned to factory default settings and I don’t have to worry about whomever will be getting this box being able to use the streaming services via my accounts?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Does Deactivating an Xi6 TV Box Reset it to Factory Default Settings?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Although I'm not 100% certain, I believe that app information, etc. is all in the cloud associated with your account. These boxes don't have many smarts and basically stream everything from the server.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor

Tagging @CommunityHelps to see if they know.  Thanks.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Although I'm not 100% certain, I believe that app information, etc. is all in the cloud associated with your account. These boxes don't have many smarts and basically stream everything from the server.  

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor

You’re right! And now I realize how silly my question was!! I just deregistered the Ignite tv box from all of my streaming services (from within each app’s settings). Should be good to go. Thanks 🙂

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@toolcubed I don't think that deauthorizing the box will reset it back to factory defaults but, after you send the box back to Rogers, a refurbishment team will reset it back to a factory-new state before it gets sent out to another customer.  Deregistering the box from your streaming service was also the right thing to do so I don't think that you have anything to be concerned about.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 in conversation