Do NextBox remotes work with Ignite TV?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Do NextBox remotes work with Ignite TV?

I just switched to Ignite and I still have an old remote from nextbox.  Is there a code to program the old remote to work with the Ignite 2nd box that's in basement?2019-04-04 13.44.21.jpg2019-04-04 14.24.16.jpg  

**Labels Added**

Re: Do NextBox remotes work with Ignite TV?

Hey @98765432l,

Thanks for your first post!

I always look for ways to reuse my old tech or hardware as well. Unfortunately, you can’t program it to your Ignite Set-Top box. However, it’s still a universal remote though, so you could program it to your TV as a backup!

Regards,
RogersTim

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would have assumed that you would receive as many (Ignite) remotes as you have Ignite boxes.  You can usually pick remotes up for free at any Rogers location, but call first.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the replies

Thanks Tim, I am using as a tv remote  but I was hoping for a way to change channels too. And thanks for changing the subject

Thanks for the idea 57.  I will drop into the Rogers store and see if they'll give me an extra or how much to buy one.  I was able to buy a 2nd remote from Bell when I had Fibe.  My livingroom set up does not work well for having to share a remote so I've always had 2.  This old one is from when I had nextbox before Fibe.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ah, I see what your talking about.

That you had two in the same room.. so you didnt necessarily have to go across the room, etc to change remotes?

I Plan to Stick Around

Correct.  Was trying to use old nextbox remote.  Will have to try and get second Ignite remote.