cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I even need Timeshifting Option anymore if i'm on Ignite Premier package?

stevem3940
I've been around

Just curious if I still need to be paying for timeshifting when i'm using the ignite package now, i'm thinking i do not as most everything now is available on demand. Any thoughts?

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Do I even need Timeshifting Option anymore if i'm on Ignite Premier package?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@stevem3940  Time shifting is less necessary now but not all programs are available on-demand or through Watch Now or on the Web, and not all programs can be restarted.  Time-shifting is also sometimes the only way that you can watch "local" content on non-local channels.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Do I even need Timeshifting Option anymore if i'm on Ignite Premier package?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@stevem3940  Time shifting is less necessary now but not all programs are available on-demand or through Watch Now or on the Web, and not all programs can be restarted.  Time-shifting is also sometimes the only way that you can watch "local" content on non-local channels.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

In our home...no.

Used to need when you only had two timers to record from. But since Ignite has 8 timers I see no reason for time shifting anymore, along with on demand.

I used to set a time shifted timer when there was too much to record in prime time. Just record some 3 hours later if needed.

I never needed to watch local programming from a channel that is 3 hours difference. The only thing I miss is Global Halifax and being able to watch Global National news at 5.30  here instead of at 6.30 EST, but Rogers time shift does not offer that channel.

Just my $0.02 CDN

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation