Disney+ App

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Disney+ App

I have not heard any reports of the Disney+ X1 app being offered by any Canadian cable provider that uses Comcast's tech.  I have no idea what the reasons are for the delay in getting the app up here either.

FYI, looks like the X1 app may also have been rushed out.  It is still under development and a recent update finally allows for watching 4K content on Xi6 set-top boxes.

Is Disney+ in 4K?
4K content is available if you use the Disney+ app on X1 and have an Xi6 TV Box, or on Flex with an Xi6 streaming TV Box (along with a compatible 4K or 4K/HDR TV).

It's a safe bet that getting 4K support working is a higher priority for Comcast than adding support/localization for the Canadian market.

toolcubed
I'm a Senior Contributor

While I can appreciate that having Disney+ (and other streaming apps) all together on the Xi6 tv box together with Ignite TV is very convenient, especially with the all-in-one voice search functionality using the Ignite tv remote, there are other ways to get Disney+

If you have an Xbox One/X/S or a PS4/5, you can get Disney+ on those consoles and its performance is actually quite good.  You can also pickup a FireTV stick or a Roku stick fairly cheaply and have all of your streaming apps (+ 10s of 1000s more) together in one place...and those apps tend to work better on those devices in my opinion.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

We're another step closer to getting the Disney+ app on Ignite TV!!!  😄 🍿

The "Disney+" voice command now produces an "APPS-04154" error, indicating that the app is failing to load.  The system recognizes Disney+ as a valid app.  However, the app cannot load because it has not been shipped to our set-top boxes... yet.  I also got a suggestion to do a voice search for "WandaVision on Disney+".  😎

This is the best early confirmation that we can get that Rogers is now testing the Disney+ app internally, so it's only a matter of time before they add it to our Apps menu!

toolcubed
I'm a Senior Contributor

Great news! My kids will be happy to soon be able to use the voice remote to play Disney+ content 🙂
Don_Ca
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Kids? I will be happy, must keep up to date with Loki 😉
Mishka1
I've Been Around

I just signed up for Disney+.
I've only had ignite for about 2 months, and about 2 weeks ago I checked for the Disney+ App to see if it would be worthwhile signing up. At that time there appeared to be an app there alongside the Netflix and Amazon Prime.
I guess they must've been testing it.
It sucks that we can't get it on there, but it's good to know it's coming, at least.
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The Disney+ app is now available on Ignite TV!

Yes, this has already been discussed in this thread but I think that this great news deserves some additional visibility.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It's here!  The Disney+ app is finally available!

View solution in original post

pmacpherson68
I'm Here A Lot

Very cool! I just launched it. Is your voice search working with Disney? So far mine isn’t.
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The app seems to work pretty well based on my testing so far.  If you notice any weird issues, try rebooting your set-top box.  For example, "The Mandalorian on Disney+" voice command initially did not work (no content was found) but did work after the reboot.