cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Wifi and use wired network

micpar
I've been here awhile

Hi everyone,

 

I want to change my Rogers Ignite TV box from Wifi to ethernet connection, does anyone know how this is done?

 

Thanks!

 

 

***Added Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Disable Wifi and use wired network

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@micpar wrote:

Hi everyone,

 

I want to change my Rogers Ignite TV box from Wifi to ethernet connection, does anyone know how this is done?

 

Thanks!


Hi!  Easy!  Just connect the set-top box over Ethernet and it will switch to using the wired connection.

Re: Disable Wifi and use wired network

micpar
I've been here awhile

Do you know how long it takes? I made the change at noon today and it's pointing to WIFI.

Re: Disable Wifi and use wired network

Restart the set top box.  Pull the power, wait for about 15 seconds and plug it back in.  It should pick up on the fact that ethernet is available and it should choose ethernet first, wifi second. 

Re: Disable Wifi and use wired network

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@micpar wrote:

Do you know how long it takes? I made the change at noon today and it's pointing to WIFI.


It should happen immediately.  When Ethernet-connected, the Ignite set-top box will still remain connected to Wi-Fi, it just won't use the Wi-Fi connection for data transmission.

 

You can confirm the network link that the Ignite STB is using by going to Settings / Device Settings / Network.

Re: Disable Wifi and use wired network

57
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@-G- wrote:  You can confirm the network link that the Ignite STB is using by going to Settings / Device Settings / Network.

You can also use the Home Connect app and look at your various devices in the app (click WiFi at the bottom). If you click "troubleshooting" on any device it'll show your connection and if it's adequate via a test.  The details option will show more information on each device, but without the test.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 423 views
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation