Did ignite tv just fry my tv?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Did ignite tv just fry my tv?

I was watching tv at 3am the other morning when a notice popped up saying my ignite box needed to update. I clicked ok, everything shut down, the welcome screen came on, then I heard my tv click a bunch of times and now my tv hasn't worked since. It won't even turn on. Has anyone else had this happen? Did rogers ignite just fry my tv?

***Added Labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Did ignite tv just fry my tv?

@PaulG15 wrote:

I was watching tv at 3am the other morning when a notice popped up saying my ignite box needed to update. I clicked ok, everything shut down, the welcome screen came on, then I heard my tv click a bunch of times and now my tv hasn't worked since. It won't even turn on. Has anyone else had this happen? Did rogers ignite just fry my tv?

It was most likely just an unfortunate coincidence.  I have had a capacitor fail in one of my TVs before and it happened to occur while I was changing inputs.  The TV went out and would not turn on again.  It only required a simple board repair to fix.  In my case, it wasn't anything that any connected device could have caused.