cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAZN on Ignite TV?

yyz64
I plan to stick around

DAZN is also coming soon I think.Look at the sports section and football.It shows the DAZN games but it can't load it yet.Stay tuned

*Added Labels*

14 REPLIES 14

Re: DAZN on Ignite TV?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@yyz64  Yup, looks like they are testing the DAZN app internally.  Also, saying the "da zone" voice command gives an "APPS-04154" error.

__J__
I've been here awhile

I see a discussion from Nov 2019 where it appears DAZN content was being surfaced while searching.  Speculation at that time was it was going through testing. However DAZN is still not available.  Any idea if there are any plans to add this?

Good day

Welcome to the Rogers Community! Thanks for your post. Given the fact that DAZN has exclusive rights on some sports, I totally get your interest in having this app integrated to your Rogers Ignite TV service.

At this time, DAZN is not offered as part of the Ignite TV experience and we have yet to make any official announcement regarding its launch. 

From Sports to Horoscope to Weather, apps by Rogers IPTV let you get into the game, read the stars, plan your weekend to a tee and much more. Feel free to keep an eye on this page for updates in the future!

RogersMaude

__J__
I've been here awhile

I understand it's not available currently.  I also understand what viewing options I have. Weather and Stocks won't cut it if I'm looking for an EPL match.

My question was if there was any plans to add it, especially since it was undergoing testing last year. I feel this is a valid question worthy of a straight answer. Not at this time, Rogers is no longer in negotiation with DAZN. Or, Expect an announcement in the coming weeks\months as we work with DAZN to bring there content to Rogers customers. 

Sincerely,

Your customer

Judging your value by both content and quality 

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

In the history of rogers they never say an app "is coming". They always say an app "is now available". Never have I seen any announcement of new apps ahead of time. It is always when it is finally available.

The only announcement I remember was "coming" was Crave. But that really wasn't anything new it was just rebranding the Movie networks and it was all hype over nothing.

So don't expect "DAZN coming soon".

homer666
I've been here awhile
That’s really too bad since the app is already at the Xfinity side of the border.
Guess Rogers don’t want any competition to their Sportsnet channel.
Thank you smart TV for providing an easy access.

paul_ross
I've been here awhile
When is it coming

paul_ross
I've been here awhile

I paid $145 (per year) to watch DAZN on my television.

This was because Rogers ceased to broadcast soccer (and other sports) from England and the rest of Europe on television.

Are you now saying that I cannot watch DAZN on my television?

I would request a speedy answer to my question because a technician is coming with the Ignite equipment on Sunday morning, so I need to know whether to cancel him.

Your worried customer, 

Paul 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@paul_ross wrote:

When is it coming

I paid $145 (per year) to watch DAZN on my television.

This was because Rogers ceased to broadcast soccer (and other sports) from England and the rest of Europe on television.

Are you now saying that I cannot watch DAZN on my television?

I would request a speedy answer to my question because a technician is coming with the Ignite equipment on Sunday morning, so I need to know whether to cancel him.

Your worried customer, 

Paul 

When is what coming?

As far as I know, DAZN was never available on Ignite TV.  As for a DAZN app on Ignite TV or SmartStream, there were signs that one might come some day... but that is not any more of a reality today than it was a year ago.

paul_ross
I've been here awhile
So let me ask you another question. Will I still be able to see the channels that my Roku TV distributes?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@paul_ross wrote:
So let me ask you another question. Will I still be able to see the channels that my Roku TV distributes?

Ignite TV is just a streaming service that runs on Ignite Internet.  I do not subscribe to DAZN myself so I cannot share any personal experiences with the service.  However, I am not aware of any posts from Rogers customers complaining that that cannot access DAZN from their streaming boxes... and I cannot imagine any reasons why you would have any problems watching DAZN (or any other Roku channels that are available to you) on your Roku TV after switching to Ignite.

rwbucs1
I've been here awhile

the reply dodges the point.

Yes you can access Dazn games via the app on other devices if they can be connected to yr tv.

There is a Dazn app for example on my wifes Samsung I use since my plasma isnt a smart tv and performance on the Samsung is better than my plasm plus mac connection.

Now granted Rogers has given subscribers 6 moths free subscription the question is why?

What does rogers get in return?

Just revenue lost so far.

A Dazn app embedded in the ignite service makes a great deal of sense since id expect rogers wd be getting a cut of the revenue and their customers wd have the advantage of convenient feed as for the Netflix app for example.

Id be hoping the 6 month subsidy wd be because Rogers was trying to work out any interface issues by then.

We shall see-Rogers being Rogers myhopes arent high.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rwbucs1  There's really not much of an answer to give until Rogers announces availability of DAZN on Ignite.  Unlike Amazon, a search for DAZN on rogers.com currently does not show any results.  Comcast Xfinity customers have a DAZN app available to them but there is no such app available yet for Ignite TV.  The only hint that one might be coming is that the "Da Zone" voice command results in an APPS-04154 error, which means that the command is recognized but the app won't load.  That means that Rogers is (or was) testing it internally, and apparently has been for more than a year now, but nothing has been released yet.

I don't know anything about a free 6-month subscription to DAZN, who provides it, or for what platform.  Perhaps somebody on the @CommunityHelps  team can provide us with additional information.

rwbucs1
I've been here awhile
no disrespect to you but Rogers offered the 6month subsidy a couple months back.
I already was paying for the subscription so Ive had it subsidised since,
Should be running out in a couple of months,
If I remember rightly Rogers sent an email
advsising of the offer,
At any rate to take advantage I had to cancel my sub and resubscribe to the service,
Wasnt real surprised having a low view of Rogers admin competence,
Doesnt apply to their front line folk just their executive level.
Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 in conversation