cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Ignite TV Remote TOO SMALL for older users - Need older Standard Remote [XR-11]

ruxspin
I've been here awhile

I recently got Ignite TV and trying to adjust from coming from FibeTV and encountered a small issue with the (current) remotes and my Parents who can't navigate the way they used to because it's TOO SMALL.

I tried to live chat with someone in regards to getting the remote that's shown on the YouTube tutorials and has a better "OK" button than the small nipple they have on the new ones, I was given the run-around about them no longer ordering these and to check to see if there's a retail location that MIGHT have some...

I don't want to have to run all over the city or have someone who doesn't quite understand my ask quickly get me off the phone. 

The person on the chat mentioned they wouldn't be able to locate one but I'm sure there's a huge box of them in some office somewhere, can someone help me?! The one I need (XR-11) is below:

Rogers-Main-LARGE-438x500.jpg

*** Edited Labels *** 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Current Ignite TV Remote TOO SMALL for older users - Need older Standard Remote [XR-11]

ruxspin
I've been here awhile
I called the concierge and he was able to schedule a “replacement” with a truck that happened to have one old remote, which solved my problems!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Current Ignite TV Remote TOO SMALL for older users - Need older Standard Remote [XR-11]

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Loads of them on Kijiji.

ruxspin
I've been here awhile
Thanks for this, I’d prefer not to have to buy one however...I was able to call the Rogers concierge and they’re trying to locate one for me at a retail location, I appreciate (his and your) effort to help me solve my issue!

Normally I would say a store is the best.. but I dont know how much they will have, since they dont hand out from there (has to be installed)
But may be worth a try, say from RETURNED items.

I on the other hand, am looking to TRY the new remotes LOL.
I have 3 (for the 3 boxes) of the original one.

ruxspin
I've been here awhile
I called the concierge and he was able to schedule a “replacement” with a truck that happened to have one old remote, which solved my problems!

gerry3
I've been here awhile

I would like one, too. For the same reason.

Hello, @gerry3

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can understand how a change in the remote would not be ideal especially if the buttons seem smaller.

We may have alternative options for a larger button remote for those who have difficulty seeing. We'll need to make a special request to have the remote sent out to you.

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

gerry3
I've been here awhile

Okay, what are my options?

Hello @gerry3!

We have one big button remote option that we can offer as an alternative.

Please PM us so that we can discuss it further.

Regards,

RogersCorey

gerry3
I've been here awhile

Just tell me what you have and how/where I can get it. Cost?

Hey @gerry3,

Thanks for the response. 🙂

As explained by @RogersTony and @RogersCorey, we would need you to send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps so we can gain access to your account and special order this particular hardware for you. It is only available as a 'special order' upon request. If you do not feel comfortable with sending us a Private Message, you may also call in to speak with one of our Customer Care associates at 1-888-764-3771 or Live Chat with us, 7 days a week, from 7 am-midnight (EST).

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor
I emailed @CommunityHelps as I would like 2 remotes for our boxes. My wife and I are both Seniors and those remotes have tiny buttons that are hard to push.

I miss the old big button remote on the older silver 8300HD boxes that I had.
Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 in conversation