cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crave Login via Ignite

kennethmkelley
I've been here awhile

Hello! I already have a Crave subscription but do not see where I can login to my account to access it via my Ignite TV box. I have the option to subscribe via Rogers but I already have the sub. Any insight is most appreciated. Thanks!

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Crave Login via Ignite

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kennethmkelley  This has been asked here a few times before.  Unfortunately, the Crave app on Ignite TV is not a true Crave app; it is just a convenient way to access the Crave On-Demand content, so it is only usable if you subscribe to Crave through Rogers.  There is (currently) no way for you to log into the Crave service itself.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kennethmkelley  This has been asked here a few times before.  Unfortunately, the Crave app on Ignite TV is not a true Crave app; it is just a convenient way to access the Crave On-Demand content, so it is only usable if you subscribe to Crave through Rogers.  There is (currently) no way for you to log into the Crave service itself.

zackg007
I've been here awhile

So you're saying, that on the new system they say is such an improvement, I can't view my watchlist, or continue anything I watched on a device that has the Crave App, or see what I have  already watched, or where in a previously viewed episode I currently am in.

Every day it seems Ignite finds a new way to disappoint. you can't really "flick" through channels because there is such a long wait for the next channel to load up. You can't even just punch a channel number to go to it. No, you must press enter to go to the channel you just punched in. And despite constantly trying to sell me Apple Music, there is no Apple Music app

RogersJo

Good Day @zackg007

Thanks for taking the time out to contribute to the discussion in the Community! 🙌 I've been a long standing Ignite TV customer myself and I'm saddened to hear about your experience. We're always looking for ways to improve our services and we most definitely appreciate the feedback.

I find the Ignite Voice Activated Remote to be super user-friendly and convenient when searching for a channel. You can simply press the 'mic' button and say the number of the channel/network you're looking for and it will take you there automatically. With that said, it really shouldn't take very long for the next channel to load up when utilizing the remote manually to search for a channel or network.  If there is a delay longer than a few seconds, you may want to try rebooting your Ignite Entertainment box to see if that helps. 

Regards,

RogersJo

Heritagehei
I've been here awhile
Surely this has been fixed by now.

jromyn
I've been around
This is embarrassing. Makes me want to switch to bell. Don’t show me options to buy or rent movies I already pay a subscription for. Either integrate the app correctly or don’t offer any crave options at all…

Circus_boi
I plan to stick around

I just signed up to Crave for a year directly (had a promo code) and stumbled onto this problem....I guess the only way to watch Crave (direct subscription) on the big screen TV is to cast it from my phone/tablet?  Is that right?  If Rogers can integrate with Netflix and Prime Video, why is it so difficult for Rogers to integrate with Crave so a direct subscription also worked through the Rogers ignite?!?!

IllAdvised
I plan to stick around

Your points on Netflix and Prime Video are spot on.  I subscribed to Crave (monthly,  thankfully) assuming it'd be just like Prime Video. Now I know it's not, and have cancelled my Crave subscription. I'll watch the remaining subscription time on my computer, I guess. What a farce!

No it hasn’t and don’t call me Shirley

zackg007
I've been here awhile
A delay of “a few seconds” between channels is already too long. That was my point.
Click , 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi 3 Mississippi, Next channel
Click
See what I’m saying?.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@zackg007 : I'm not sure why you're talking about channel changes in this Crave thread, however, since the dawn of digital TV and now with IPTV, channel changes have not been as fast as they were in the analogue days say 20 years ago.  This is due to the underlying technology and has nothing to do with Rogers.

Nevertheless, with IgniteTV, there really should be no reason for "channel surfing" as anything you wish to watch can be recorded beforehand, or is available on demand, or you can view the guide and see what's on the various channel listings instantly (subscribed, all, favourites, HD, etc).  Using subscribed or favourites allows you to not see the channels you're not subscribed to.

You can also press the CH+ button and see what's on the next channel without waiting for the picture to appear. The info is available almost instantly. If you don't like what you see in the info you can press CH+ again. 

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 10 in conversation