Constant reboot with Sanyo TV + Ignite TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Constant reboot with Sanyo TV + Ignite TV

@trobichaud2000 wrote:

Rogers came here this morning and installed a HDMI to componant converter to my tv.  He said thats the only fix he knows about for now . So no High def or 4k for me. And the wifi issue he said dont use wifi  if I can plug everything direct

What is the make/model of the component video converter that they gave you?

A few months ago, a Rogers tech showed me a Mini HDMI2AV converter that he had in his truck but that converts to Composite video.  At the time, they didn't have anything that converted to Component video.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Why would anybody watch TV these days at 480p?...OMG !

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Because thats the TV they have and the only thing that can be used on it.
Many.. its a working TV and they dont want to spend the money to replace it while its working.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Ignite TV box HDMI not working properly

Wondering if anyone else has come across this issue. When i turn on my TV (Sanyo smart tv), there is no signal coming from the box. When i unplug the HDMI from the back of the box and plug it back in I get a signal. If I turn off the TV and try turning it on, same thing happens. It only happens with this TV. I have swapped the box, swapped the HDMI cable, changed HDMI ports on the TV, keeps happening. No other devices connecting to the TV by HDMI cause this issue. Any ideas?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

All it says is HD video converter. If i do a search online for a (hd converter 5 wire component ) its the one in wish that says 1080p to rgb component 5rca YPbPr video +R/L converter for 18$. Its the same box
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have same problem, tried everything you tried
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have the exact same TV Sanyo FW50C78F and it is doing the exact same thing. For the last 2 weeks or so the TV does not recognize the presence of the ignite tv box and will not show a picture until I unplug and plug back in the HDMI cable. If this is not fixed you can take your Roger's ignite and keep it in the junk yard as far as I am concerned.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I have brand spanking new Philips TV, bought it yesterday and it’s doing the exact same thing! I’ve tried all the fixes mentioned but nothing works.

Please help!!!
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You have turned off ARC and HDMI CEC on the TV?

And set the rogers box itself, to a set resolution other than AUTO?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Solved the issue: replaced the Sanyo tv with new Samsung 8000