Constant Internet Disruptions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Constant Internet Disruptions

Ever since we've upgrade to the Ignite service, our internet and TV has had disconnect issues, particularly around the evenings.

It'll be short, 5-10 second bursts of internet disconnect that happens anywhere from every 30 seconds to 30 mins - usually around 7-11pm. We use an ethernet so it's not a WiFi problem. Our TV will also lag in picture or when browsing the menus. The light on the modem is always showing it's working, like the disconnect is too fast for it to register.

Is anyone else having a similar problem? We've messaged Roger's multiple times and they either say they dont detect a problem on their end, or that they will push firmware to our modem to fix it but nothing changes.

*Added Labels*

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Constant Internet Disruptions

which modem & service were you on before?

I am wondering if there is an issue at the CMTS or local node which is having an issue, while under heavy load (that being the prime time of day for usage).

Reason i ask about the modem you had before.. it may not have been connecting to the same channel range.. which the new modem might.

I've Been Here Awhile

Not sure what model it was - will have to look it up- but I'm going to call support and ask about the channel range you mentioned. I'd actually never heard of that before.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, as time has gone on, modems have evolved.

Older modems only had one channel (which led to congestion).  They started adding more channels.. more free lanes to get more consistent internet.
Going to some of the most recent ones.. were up to 32 channels.

Your older modem may have had fewer channels..  and those channels the signal was fine.
But the newer one, having more channels, might be having signal issues in those channel ranges?