Connecting my Samsung 10 to TV with an Adapter to watch Ignite TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Connecting my Samsung 10 to TV with an Adapter to watch Ignite TV

I purchased a Insignia USB Type C to HDMI Adapter to watch Ignite TV in my shop but it doesn't work when connecting my 10+.  It will connect but once I am on a channel and hit the watch button it doesn't work and asks me to disconnect any external devices.   Is this a security setting or is there a setting I am missing.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Connecting my Samsung 10 to TV with an Adapter to watch Ignite TV

I don't believe you are allowed to do what you're trying to do, due to restrictions.  Here's a link on "casting".

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Rogers-anywhere-tv-app-on-sony-bravia-tv/m-p/434029#M48633

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Connecting my Samsung 10 to TV with an Adapter to watch Ignite TV

this is called "mirroring" the phone knows that you connected a cable to an external hdmi device, not only that but the app detects it too and its considered mirroring.

the broadcasters can specifically state they want to disallow their channels when "mirroring" or even "casting" is detected in the app and Rogers has to comply when they receive this request so this is why it does not work

Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation