Changes to Ignite TV Channels in Packages and Theme Packs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Changes to Ignite TV Channels in Packages and Theme Packs

What's also kinda interesting is that CNBC,  MSNBC and Golf Channel are all owned by NBCUniversal Media, a subsidiary of Comcast. I wonder if this could be a part of a larger corporate spat going on behind the scenes.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes I agree. It is possible something political may be going on. It would be a shame to lose CNBC and Golf, given that these two channels are part of the original MeTV package of new channels that were provided by Rogers, which I believe were launched in 1996 or 1997.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I wonder if Bell has the same issue with NBC with negotiations, similar to how Rogers had to negotiate with AMC, and then a month after it was Bell's turn.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, reruns etc... I took it for the news and some animal/science/nature channels, velocity etc. Its a bit different, the packages are not exactly the same. Like, I was looking for Télé-Québec because there's one show I was following on there a while back, and wanted to follow it again, and for some reason, it's not part of the basic french channels in ignite... AND you can't get it by itself, I tried, i contacted support, impossible to get, unless you get a theme pack that includes it. Now the kicker... you either pay 3$ extra for time-shifting which includes it, doesn't make sense because there's only one Télé-Québec on Rogers, so its not really a time-shifting channel.... OR you get the Sports theme pack which also includes Télé-Québec, for 30 or 35$ a month.... and well Télé-Québec is not a sports channel... It's a weeeiiiiiird way of putting theme packs together... I love the flex channels though, that's a neat feature to have.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Télé Québec is on the Flex list.

Yes, the Flex option is awesome, that one of the main reason I want to upgrade.

Also I have an other question, the CSR might be able to answer that one, since I'm living in a french area (Acadian Peninsula) we have MétéoMédia has part of packages, but on Ignite, I see it on the flex list instead, but due to my living area does we get The Weather Network has flex instead? I know for Ignite the channel list on Roger's website is based on Fredericton for NB, even if I enter a local address, because of that we can't have an exact list for our location. I'm asking this because for the legacy cable, our channel list is slightly different compare to the english market.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Télé Québec is not in the flex here.... doesn't matter which tv bundle, maybe because you're in the acadian peninsula and i'm in moncton... still weird tho, on nextbox it always was included in the basics... https://i.imgur.com/V2V7IoW.png
I have MétéoMédia in my flex channels.
Oddly enough, the weather channel is on channel 2 here, but not listed in any of the channel bundles... and can't search for it on the site, 0 results :
https://i.imgur.com/mObmD1t.png

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just checked and Télé Québec is indeed not on Flex, sorry I thought it was because most of all other french channel are Flex. Weird.

I wonder if Ignite TV here in NB is province wide without separation between the french and english market like the legacy cable.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well on the website it says that channel 1-99 is region dependent, and after that its the same for all regions. (for Ignite TV)

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm not sure what changed (or what didn't change) but "Fox Sports Racing" still seems to be available in Ignite TV Premier.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

And now its gone after you mentioned this. 😞