Changes to Ignite TV Channels in Packages and Theme Packs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Changes to Ignite TV Channels in Packages and Theme Packs

It is very odd because I did not get this notification on my bill at all, and I read it cover to cover. Im not one to skip out and pay the amount each month. Im learning about this here.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@aboyaci  The text that I posted came from Page 2 of my May bill.  Sorry to hear that you only saw the announcement here.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@aboyaci wrote:  Also, what is happening with CNBC, Golf and MSNBC? Are these being removed as well? Please let me know.

Looks like MSNBC has only been affected on Anyplace and should be fine on Rogers Boxes.  See link below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers-Rogers-Apps/Rogers-Anyplace-TV/m-p/462971#M8203

In my May bill I saw the following regarding those other channels (I'm on Digital Cable, so it may be different from Ignite). These sorts of channel announcements are usually in the bills, although not everyone reads them. 😉

We are currently in negotiations with the broadcaster of the Golf Channel, MSNBC and CNBC. We are hopeful that no changes will be made to your service. However, if we are unable to reach a fair agreement, these channels will no longer be available as part of your TV or theme package starting July 1, 2020. Please visit www.rogers.com/discontinued-channel for details and updates on the status of these channels. If these channels are no longer available as of July 1, 2020 and if you pay a separate monthly service fee for any of them, you will no longer see this charge on your bill as of this date. In the event these channels are no longer available, the rest of your Rogers TV package would remain the same, and this change would be made in accordance with the CRTC Television Service Provider Code. If you have any questions or wish to change or cancel your TV services, check out the Contact Us section of this bill. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57  Well, that's interesting.  http://www.rogers.com/discontinued-channel has a line that says,

If you currently have them selected as any of your Flex channels, you’ll be able replace them, or we'll automatically select a replacement for you. You can also easily swap Flex channels every 30 days by signing into MyRogers.

so it looks like Golf Channel, CNBC and MSNBC could all potentially disappear from Ignite TV as well!

@RogersMaude  Is this an error on the web page or can you confirm this as well?

Highlighted

@-G-

I know losing channels can be sad ☹. Especially if these are channels you watch frequently. What’s on the webpage is accurate based on the information we have. There is a chance that these channels may be lost. Hopefully, it doesn’t get to that but if so we can certainly review your package at that point.

Cheers

CommunityHelps

RogersHarry

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

@aboyaci wrote:  Also, what is happening with CNBC, Golf and MSNBC? Are these being removed as well? Please let me know.

In my May bill I saw the following regarding those other channels (I'm on Digital Cable, so it may be different from Ignite). These sorts of channel announcements are usually in the bills, although not everyone reads them. 😉

I just got the notification in my June bill that Golf Channel, CNBC and MSNBC could be discontinued, effective July 1, 2020, so the status of these channels is still very much up-in-the-air and definitely also does affect Ignite TV.

@CommunityHelps  The status page also says that Rogers will automatically select replacement Flex channels if these channels should go off the air.  To whom it may concern: I would strongly advise against selecting Fox "News" and Fox "Business News" as replacements for MSNBC and CNBC.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@-G-   Yeah, why would anyone want access to the top rated cable news channel, Fox News?   At least we will still have access to CNN - the most trusted name in news.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sorry, I know Fox News has their ardent fans.  I suspect that some (many?) MSNBC and CNBC subscribers deliberately do not subscribe to the corresponding Fox channels.  They will already be upset enough when they lose MSNBC and CNBC and might be even more upset by the substitutions, especially if they are locked out from making Flex channel changes for several weeks.  (I don't think that automatic Flex channel changes resets the 30-day clock, nor do new Free Preview channels coming online.)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I received a notification with my bill that Rogers will be dropping MSNBC, CNBC and GOLF CHANNEL as of July 1st if they cannot negotiate a deal with them. Does anybody have any further information about this and how likely it is that these channels will be dropped by Rogers. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This is very disappointing to hear. I know that Rogers negotiated with AMC right up until the last minute before they made a deal. I am hoping that Rogers can come to an agreement with these channels. I do not watch the Golf channel that much but I do watch MSNBC and CNBC frequently.