cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to Ignite TV Channels in Packages and Theme Packs

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm starting this thread to give us a place where changes to the Ignite TV channel lineups can be announced and discussed.

Rogers already has pages that show Free Previews and New Channels but I have not been able to find any pages that list planned/upcoming changes to the default channel lineups for Ignite TV Packages, Theme Packs or the Flex Channels that we can choose from.

For example, my latest bill contains a note informing me that Fox Sports Racing will no longer be part of my package effective June 14, 2020 but will still be available to subscribers as part of the Adventure Theme Pack.  However, it still shows as an included Flex Channel in Premier and an optional Flex Channel in Popular.

@CommunityHelps  Are you aware of any other upcoming changes that you can share here so that we can also plan accordingly?  Thanks!

*** Edited Labels/Title ***

217 REPLIES 217

Re: Changes to Ignite TV Channels in Packages and Theme Packs

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor

Yeah...I think they're still working thru the changes.  Having said that, these new bundles are more expensive across the board.  Granted, they all include more channels than their older equivalents, and they all now include the local US channels, but we're still talking at least $20-25 more per month for channels I don't particularly need or watch.  This might be the final nail in the coffin I was looking for to finally drop TV altogether and go with internet only once my current promo ends (I've been thinking of doing this for a while).

Lorne4
I'm here a lot

I see I now have an offer to switch out my existing Flex 10 bundle for the new Popular TV package. Pretty good price if one wants all those channels, which I don't. I really like the idea of the flex channels and am very disappointed that it seems that this approach will be dropped. And I don't understand why  CTV Ottawa doesn't show anywhere, but I assume it's still a bit of a work in progress. They may already be messing with my current bundle by dropping the number of flex channels down to 9 from 10.

hiho
I'm a regular

i am still trying to figure out this new and improvved ignite flex packages 🙂

been going through the diffrent chanel comparison chart and i see that these have a red checkmark for them does that mean when i get the flex 20 package that they are allso included in my 52 total channels i get and if so how do i access those high number channels

Citytv Toronto 137
Global Toronto (CIII) 140
YES TV 142
TV Ontario 143
APTN 144
AMItv 145
AMI-audio 146
CPAC English 147
Ontario Legislature 148
OMNI East 150
CHCH 153
OMNI.1 (CFMT) 154
CBC Winnipeg 156
Citytv Winnipeg 157
CBC Calgary 161
CBC Vancouver 166
Citytv Vancouver 167

ReneHache
I plan to stick around

Did Rogers change CityNews 24/7 again? Since this morning I only get the east feed (ch. 100), the west feed (ch, 108) is gone. Last week they where both gone for a day, but both back the next day.

Also I spotted 3 channels that are marked has "Flex Channel" on the channel list, but don't show up on the Flex page, CNN International, The Africa Channel and Fox Sports Racing.

Good day @ReneHache,

Thanks for your post! CityNews 24/7 East & West were on free preview until October 31st, 2023.

Since November 1st, 2023, we no longer offer Flex Channels as part of our Ignite TV plans. Existing Flex Channels customers will continue to keep them as part of their current plan.

Were you looking to add CNN International, Africa Channel and Fox Sports Racing to your current channel lineup?

Let us know how we can further assist you! 

RogersMaude

danno100
I plan to stick around

Used to get Fox Sports on a felx channel now have to pay$7 a month for it.Now they have changed their packages around, added more junk channels and more$$$. No thanks..keep my flex channels for now.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The following was contained in my most recent bill:  Always scan your bill statements.

TV channel update: MTV2:

Unfortunately, the channel MTV2 will no longer be aired by the broadcaster as of March 29, 2024. As a result, it will be removed from the Music and Entertainment theme package. If you subscribe to this channel as a separate monthly service, it will be removed and you will not be charged as of this date.

If you have MTV2 selected as a Flex channel, please visit www.rogers.com/igniteflex and replace it with another available channel of your choice. You can swap Flex channels every 30 days.

The rest of your Rogers TV package will remain the same. If you have any questions or no longer wish to subscribe to your TV services, please reach out to us in any of the ways listed in the Contact Us section of this bill.

danno100
I plan to stick around

They have a new package now and all the sports etc is included, I think they call it total. It's a 24 month contract with ignite and now I got my fox sports back included

Topic Stats