Changes to Ignite TV Channels in Packages and Theme Packs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ColdGranite
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Changes to Ignite TV Channels in Packages and Theme Packs

@aboyaci wrote:

I keep noticing that the Rogers Premier TV package has less and less total channels each month. It was 165 channels in March, then it was lowered to 125, and now it is down to 124 channels in the package. I dont know which channel was removed from the package. I just see it just goes down.

A detailed analysis of the Priemier package shows only 2 channels removed since November 2020

1.  Library channel...

2. Omni 2.

plus they are not listing all the stingray music channels.

The Library channel shutdown was known.

I am not sure what is with the OMNI 2 removal.  Although the channel 155 spot appears to be empty,  the Omni website still shows a schedule for both Omni 1 and Omni 2... 

Except that TODAY, on the Omni 1 slot (14 and 154)  they appear to be streaming the OMNI 2 schedule.

Anybody else know what is up?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ColdGranite wrote:
Anybody else know what is up?

I'm not sure if any of us really know entirely what's up.  🙂

To add another data point: Rogers' back-end systems can also get messed up when the product teams re-jig how packages are structured.  When I first subscribed to Premier, it had 85 Flex Channels.  It then grew to 87, which I inherited, and that increased the number of Flex Channels that I got.  However, Premier now only comes with 86, but I am grandfathered at 87 and MyRogers doesn't seem to deal with this very well.  MyRogers shows that I am subscribed to 87 Flex Channels but I can only swap 86.

Weird things can also happen when a channel is scheduled to cease broadcasting.  The Ignite product team will often remove that channel from the lineup and prevent customers from subscribing to it.  However, if I have an  active subscription to that channel, it will remain active and I will continue to receive it, but cannot make Flex Channel changes without losing that package.  I can (and have) called Rogers Tech Support, and they can swap individual channels, but if they don't do things right (long story) your account can get into a bad state and you can then no longer swap Flex Channels until your account gets repaired.

aboyaci
I Plan to Stick Around

I think you found it ColdGranite. Its the OMNI 2 channel that is missing in the list for some reason. Thats what brought it from 125 to 124.

The 164-165 channels included the 40 Stingray channels. I am aware these are all UNIQUE channels counted once. Not the duplicates as a second one. But I agree, OMNI 2 is the one that is missing in the list for whatever reason.

danno100
I Plan to Stick Around

Ya got short changed on Fox1 Sports!! Thanks

ColdGranite
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@danno100 wrote:
Ya got short changed on Fox1 Sports!! Thanks

Fox Sports has been a standalone $7 channel since June 2020.