Changes to Ignite TV Channels in Packages and Theme Packs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Changes to Ignite TV Channels in Packages and Theme Packs

With carriage negotiations out of the way,  I was hoping that Rogers took this opportunity to ask the broadcaster to provide a HD feed of CNBC.   Is that possible, Rogers?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JamesLeung wrote:

With carriage negotiations out of the way,  I was hoping that Rogers took this opportunity to ask the broadcaster to provide a HD feed of CNBC.   Is that possible, Rogers?

CNBC is an HD channel on Ignite TV.

As for Digital TV, the bigger question is: how much longer will it be before that service gets shut down?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok,  Ignite TV subs got HD, but on it's SD on NextBox. 😞

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Well on Ignite, you get NO Dolby Digital 5.1 on the Recordings, but you DO get it on Digital TV.  Ha Ha, now isn't that backwards!!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm more a visual guy, the sound seems good enough though, if it comes out decent on my soundbar with subwoofer, it's fine w me.  And it does.  

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I just wanted to chime in I did receive an email on April 14th regarding the eventual loss of Fox Sports Racing.

Unfortunately because I have a bulk cable deal through my townhouse maintenance fees I was unable to add FSR back to my package. I spent over an hour on the phone with a nice gentleman a few weeks ago and he was unable to do that or the theme pack which I didn’t mind paying for since IMSA/WEC races are on Velocity.

Ultimately my hope is FOX drops FSR all together and TSN picks up the slack otherwise it’s  twitch streams for the foreseeable future for me.0EDA6235-13E4-446B-A8A6-DB6B93B4AD93.jpeg

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Did Rogers reply to CRTC on this issue? 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Nothing from the CRTC yet,  have had a few emails come from them but nothing to indicate how this was resolved with Rogers.   Also had one email from a Rogers employee, Presidents Office.  I responded back and not a thing since.   Feels like a lot of things now a days with Rogers,  screw it who cares what customers think. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

An update on the issue with the removal of Fox Racing without notice from my Rogers package, I said I would come back and update this thread when it happened.

Issue is now resolved with both Rogers and CCTS (Commission for Complaints for Television Service) found here https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/

My first contact with the Presidents office did not go well,  that individual didn't seem to want to work with me on this issue,  seemed not to understand my concerns.  That delayed the resolution for some time it seems.

The complaint went thru to the CCTS and it seemed that prompted another contact from Rogers, a new person from the Presidents office reached out.  This individual  seemed much more open to understanding the situation and was committed towards working thru to a resolution. That second individual agreed that Fox Racing was removed from my package without notice (it was never communicated to me through my bill or otherwise -it may be all digital platform customers were not notified as others here complained of this situation as well - those with Ignite did get notified thru their bills).  The CCTS guidelines require 30 days notification for channel changes.

I was offered Fox Racing back until my package expired near year end and they would credit my account for this additional charge,   it is a additional $7 a month now for Fox Racing.   I chose to go another direction and asked that the extend my current package a year and not bother with Fox Racing being added back.   This was agreed to , in addition the Rogers rep had my modem charge knocked off the bill for 12 months and extended my package beyond where it was to expire late this fall.  This ended up giving me a $10 reduction in my monthly package (mind you Rogers had applied about $20 in annual increases in my package since I agreed to it back in 2018).  So a bit of a win, I am half way back to the price I started at in 2018.  Most important to me was to get my current agreement and discounts extended out to next year. 

I understand it is very hard at the moment to strike deals with Rogers when your agreement ends at the moment , some think it is because of Covid and the restrictions Bell and other competitors have with doing installs etc...  more difficult to switch providers.   This pushes my agreement out to the fall of  2021 before it expires which gets us thru this pandemic probably,  if I do choose to switch providers it will be a lot easier then.  Took a couple of months,  I am happy with how Rogers handled this in the end,  just took awhile to get to here.