cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get 4K channels on my RCA 4K Smart TV Model RNSMU5836

MICHAELACOLE
I've been here awhile

I recently purchased a 58" RCA 4K UHD Smart TV. The HDMI ports are labeled HDCP 2.2 (one is also ARC capable). The Ignite TV box is plugged into one of the non-ARC ports.

I have gone into the TV settings Feature menu and enabled HDMI EDID 4K, but when I try to select a 4K channel the display indicates that the system is not 4K capable. I have run the Internet Update on the TV and it says that it is up to date.

Any suggestions?

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't get 4K channels on my RCA 4K Smart TV Model RNSMU5836

Lurker_Returns
I'm a reliable contributor
What are the display settings on your Ignite TV box?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Lurker_Returns
I'm a reliable contributor
What are the display settings on your Ignite TV box?

2160p60 4K UHD is listed as best available but is not being auto selected. I just manually selected it and it worked this time (wasn't working earlier). Let's hope it stays that way. 4K UHD is still showing as Undetected under the display icon.

One additional note. The "Undetected" label under the display icon in the Video settings on the STB seems to indicate that the TV brand is undetected, not that 4K capability is undetected. I have another non-4K TV and the STB there displays the brand name of the TV along with three available non-4K resolutions. The STB on the RCA shows five available resolutions, two of which are 4K.

Is there away to have my tv to be showen as detected opposed to undetected? My other brands TCL show as detected but my hisense does not and its bothersome

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As long as you are getting the 4K signal to this 4K TV, either manually or automatically as discussed earlier in this thread, then there are no real concerns. It's just that the particular TV is not in the "database" of the box/firmware but doesn't have any impact on the viewing experience.

As you can see, RCA is not exactly a top seller.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1266988/global-leading-manufacturers-tv-market-share-sales-volum...

The above link may or may not work for you, but suffice it to say that there are many other brands with higher sales and RCA doesn't even make the list.

P.S. Some TVs are manufactured by a different brand.  In my case I have one "brand name", but it's "detected" as a completely different one.

https://gousaly.com/who-makes-rca-tvs/

https://www.slashgear.com/1238354/12-major-tv-brands-ranked-worst-to-best/

Above link shows rank out of 12...

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation