cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t Watch Recorded Programs - ERROR TVAPP-00481

chayisun
I've been here awhile

I go to saved programs on my computer then recordings, then watch.. Then the problem begins

I get a message,

You can still watch this On Demand

Unfortunately there's  a problem with  PVR playback. The good news ? program is available on demand.

Keep in mind fast forward and other functions may not be available while watching on demand.

(WATCH)

So I enter watch.......THIS VIDEO CANNOT BE PLAYED.

We have run into a problem streaming program

ERROR TVAPP-00481

Has anyone run into this type of error? I' e been in contact with rogers since FEB. 3rd, They have 4 tickets made

and it continues. any ideas would be helpful Thank you.

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can’t Watch Recorded Programs - ERROR TVAPP-00481

chayisun
I've been here awhile

I discovered that I must turn off VPN for the recorded programs to work on computer. Rogers had no idea how to help. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

chayisun
I've been here awhile

I have done everything possible including 5 calls to Rogers support and each person I contacted took me through the same steps...Re-boot system, clear cache etc. The recorded programs work on two tv sets and cell phone But not on Computer. Rogers is sending me a new modem so we shall see where that goes . Im not hopeful though....

Hello, @chayisun.

Thank you for sharing your concern, and welcome to our Community!

Not being able to watch the recorded programs on your computer can be disappointing. Since the recordings will work on other devices, the issue could be related to your computer. 

More details about your setup can help us find a solution for you. Can you answer the following?

• When was the last time recordings were viewable on your computer?
  • What's the Operating System of your computer?
  • What browser are you using?
  • Have you tried a different browser?
  • Are you trying to watch the recording on the computer screen itself or trying to cast the recording?
  • Have you tried recordings on a different computer?

We look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I am having a similar issue. I can watch recordings/back episodes on my ipad and laptop but when i try to stream on my home computer I get this same error. My OS is Windows 10 using Chrome.

Greetings @eddings!

If you're experiencing this error, we really should submit an escalation for further investigation.

We'd be happy to take a closer look to see what is going on! Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

chayisun
I've been here awhile

I discovered that I must turn off VPN for the recorded programs to work on computer. Rogers had no idea how to help. 

This is the solution! Thank you very much for posting.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 in conversation