cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t Watch Ignite TV on Multiple TVs at the Same Time

darren_99
I've Been Around

We’ve been having issues for months now, can’t watch both TVs at the same time. When both TVs are on, signal on both TVs become choppy sound cuts out and will eventually freeze. No issues when watching each tv independently, only when both are on at the same time. Haven’t been able to watch on both TVs at the same time although paying for two boxes. We have one tv on the main floor beside the modem and a second tv in the basement with a pod. Please help figure this out. Going to cancel my services next week. Not worth the frustration. 

***Edited Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Can’t Watch Ignite TV on Multiple TVs at the Same Time

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@darren_99 wrote:

We’ve been having issues for months now, can’t watch both TVs at the same time. When both TVs are on, signal on both TVs become choppy sound cuts out and will eventually freeze. No issues when watching each tv independently, only when both are on at the same time. Haven’t been able to watch on both TVs at the same time although paying for two boxes. We have one tv on the main floor beside the modem and a second tv in the basement with a pod. Please help figure this out. Going to cancel my services next week. Not worth the frustration. 

Welcome to the Community.  I wish that you had posted here sooner.  Don't give up on Ignite TV and Internet just yet.  This should be totally fixable.

I presume that you have called Tech Support, and I presume that they confirmed that your Ignite modem/gateway's Internet connection is healthy.  If that is the case, then your Wi-Fi is in horrible shape.

Where do you have your Ignite WiFi Pod installed?  It must be placed in a location where it has good connectivity to your Ignite gateway AND to the devices that connect to it.  You cannot install a Pod in a room with poor Wi-Fi connectivity to the gateway.  If you do, the Pod may not stay online, and if it does, any devices that connect to it will have horribly slow network connectivity.  If you have your Pod installed in a bad location, it will actually make Wi-Fi connectivity in your home even worse.  It's also possible that your Pod went offline and your Wi-Fi is unstable because you have MANY devices with marginal connections that are connecting directly to your Ignite gateway.

To find a good installation location for your Pod, unplug it, then walk through your home with a mobile device in your hand.  Map out the locations in your home where you have poor connectivity.  Next, look for a location that should provide good Wi-Fi coverage to those dead zones in your home.  If that location has a good connection to your Ignite gateway (say 3 out of 4 bars on your phone's Wi-Fi signal strength indicator), then that is where you need to install the Pod.

You may also need to experiment with the placement of your Ignite gateway.  Almost every home has a big wall in the Family Room that separates the front and rear of the home, and that wall usually has plumbing and duct work behind it that does a fantastic job of blocking Wi-Fi.  That can result in poor Wi-Fi connectivity for your devices that connect directly to the gateway and make it challenging to find a good installation location for your Pod.  If you have many devices with slow, poor-quality Wi-Fi connections to your gateway, that will also SEVERELY impact the Wi-Fi performance of device that are in the same room as your gateway.

Once you find an optimal location for your Ignite gateway and your Ignite WiFi Pod, you should have good , fast Wi-Fi performance throughout your home and Ignite TV should perform flawlessly as well.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 in conversation