Can someone explain flex channels?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Can someone explain flex channels?

But the issue is that the flex channels don't include sports channels I would like to watch, and that I currently receive through the Popular package. Therefore, to replicate what I get now will cost more under the flex program. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jimtorrance  You have to look beyond the price/contents of the package when comparing Ignite TV's "Popular" package and Digital TV's counterpart, and the other offerings from Rogers' competitors.  The other thing that most people are not aware of is that capabilities such as live broadcast, look-back (the ability to watch recently broadcast shows as if they were live), on-demand, PVR recording, the ability to fast-forward through streams, access to "Go" apps, streaming rights/capabilities for mobile apps, etc. all factor into the licensing costs, and there is also usually a tiered per-subscriber pricing structure based on the number of active subscribers for the channel and/or related channels.  So, the package pricing and selection of channels that go into a package involve extensive analysis and modelling, and due to the technical differences between Ignite TV and Digital TV, the package pricing (and as a result, the channel lineup, including the Flex Channels that are offered) will be different.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I would to have the channel t+e without touching my other channels and how much it will coast me

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Strawberrys wrote:

I would to have the channel t+e without touching my other channels and how much it will coast me

You can find that information by going to https://www.rogers.com/web/consumer/ignite-bundles/channels

Which Ignite TV bundle are you subscribed to?

T+E is available as a Flex Channel in most bundles (which you can exchange for free) and is also available as a standalone channel for $4.00/month

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Thanks for explanation.  Wonder why Rogers does not post something like this.  Everybody must wonder.