cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use my Nextbox PVR to watch previously recorded TV shows once I switch to Ignite TV.

Janet1450
I've been here awhile

Can I use my Nextbox PVR to watch previously recorded TV shows after switching to Ignite TV.  I realize I can not record new shows I just want to be able to watch any shows that have already been recorded.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can I use my Nextbox PVR to watch previously recorded TV shows once I switch to Ignite TV.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The short answer is no.  I just posted on this last week after my switch. See link below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Transfer-Recording-From-Digital-TV-To-Ignite-TV/m-p/...

You can try disconnecting the RF-coax a day or two before the switch to see if it works for you, but I wanted to warn you that it didn't work for me.  Also, if the box needs to reboot because of a power failure, or any other reason, it won't reboot and you're left with a box that won't work again (unless reactivated by another user for example).  One option was to plug the box into a UPS (which I have), but even then, it may not work...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Can I use my Nextbox PVR to watch previously recorded TV shows once I switch to Ignite TV.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The short answer is no.  I just posted on this last week after my switch. See link below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Transfer-Recording-From-Digital-TV-To-Ignite-TV/m-p/...

You can try disconnecting the RF-coax a day or two before the switch to see if it works for you, but I wanted to warn you that it didn't work for me.  Also, if the box needs to reboot because of a power failure, or any other reason, it won't reboot and you're left with a box that won't work again (unless reactivated by another user for example).  One option was to plug the box into a UPS (which I have), but even then, it may not work...

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation