cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I still use my DTA50 with Ignite TV?

MICHAELACOLE
I've been here awhile

I recently "upgraded" to Ignite TV. I totally forgot that I have a very old TV (no HDMI input) in a guest bedroom that I was using a DTA50 on to provide a no/low cost TV signal. After switching to Ignite the guest bedroom TV no longer has a signal. I know part of the reason is because my new Rogers Ignite account does not include the DTA so it is no longer "authorized" to receive a signal. But my question is can I add a DTA50 to an Ignite TV service at all, or is the only option another Ignite STB? Since the TV is in a guest bedroom and is so rarely used the DTA50 was a perfect solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can I still use my DTA50 with Ignite TV?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You cannot use a DTA on Ignite.  The picture quality was quite poor anyway.

You could stream using the IgniteTV app on a device like a phone or tablet and "cast" to the TV using something like Chromecast.

You could get another IgniteTV box, however, they only have HDMI output, so you'd need to get a converter that converts HDMI to something your old TV will accept (component or composite video?).

If the TV is not very large, get yourself a new TV with HDMI. They are very inexpensive these days..

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Rogers-anywhere-tv-app-on-sony-bravia-tv/m-p/434029#M48633

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Can I still use my DTA50 with Ignite TV?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You cannot use a DTA on Ignite.  The picture quality was quite poor anyway.

You could stream using the IgniteTV app on a device like a phone or tablet and "cast" to the TV using something like Chromecast.

You could get another IgniteTV box, however, they only have HDMI output, so you'd need to get a converter that converts HDMI to something your old TV will accept (component or composite video?).

If the TV is not very large, get yourself a new TV with HDMI. They are very inexpensive these days..

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Rogers-anywhere-tv-app-on-sony-bravia-tv/m-p/434029#M48633

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation