Can I still use my DTA50 with Ignite TV?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MICHAELACOLE
I've Been Here Awhile

Can I still use my DTA50 with Ignite TV?

I recently "upgraded" to Ignite TV. I totally forgot that I have a very old TV (no HDMI input) in a guest bedroom that I was using a DTA50 on to provide a no/low cost TV signal. After switching to Ignite the guest bedroom TV no longer has a signal. I know part of the reason is because my new Rogers Ignite account does not include the DTA so it is no longer "authorized" to receive a signal. But my question is can I add a DTA50 to an Ignite TV service at all, or is the only option another Ignite STB? Since the TV is in a guest bedroom and is so rarely used the DTA50 was a perfect solution.

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Can I still use my DTA50 with Ignite TV?

You cannot use a DTA on Ignite.  The picture quality was quite poor anyway.

You could stream using the IgniteTV app on a device like a phone or tablet and "cast" to the TV using something like Chromecast.

You could get another IgniteTV box, however, they only have HDMI output, so you'd need to get a converter that converts HDMI to something your old TV will accept (component or composite video?).

If the TV is not very large, get yourself a new TV with HDMI. They are very inexpensive these days..

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Rogers-anywhere-tv-app-on-sony-bravia-tv/m-p/434029#M48633

View solution in original post

All Replies
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Can I still use my DTA50 with Ignite TV?

You cannot use a DTA on Ignite.  The picture quality was quite poor anyway.

You could stream using the IgniteTV app on a device like a phone or tablet and "cast" to the TV using something like Chromecast.

You could get another IgniteTV box, however, they only have HDMI output, so you'd need to get a converter that converts HDMI to something your old TV will accept (component or composite video?).

If the TV is not very large, get yourself a new TV with HDMI. They are very inexpensive these days..

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Rogers-anywhere-tv-app-on-sony-bravia-tv/m-p/434029#M48633

View solution in original post