CNBC World rather than the US Feed?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allant1
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: CNBC World rather than the US Feed?

Why? What do the Olympics have to do with Canadians getting the inferior CNBC World feed instead of CNBC America during the Games? There's information missing here.

Philip505
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you for clarifying. Not happy, but understand. Suggest you post on Channel 79 that this is temporary.
Peter-L
I'm Here A Lot

I'm guessing that - because there's probably a fair amount of Olympic coverage on CNBC America right now, and NBC does not have the Olympic rights in Canada (that's the CBC) - CNBC America is blocked during the Olympics.

techy14
I Plan to Stick Around

Interesting... Just turned to Rogers Channel 17 HDNBC and NBC's Olympic coverage is on.  (Definitely the NBC Peacock in the top right corner of the screen and definitely U.S. announcers.)

Mercedes2
I've Been Here Awhile

Same in Newmarket Ontario. Called Rogers to complain after being transferred 4 times and a 45 minutes wait. Got someone who said there was no issue with CNBC and sold me on getting  Bloomberg business. Rogers customer care stinks...

Mercedes2
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers now have the original CNBC business up today.Thanks
techy14
I Plan to Stick Around

woo hoo - it looks like we actually made a difference.

Great to see that common sense has prevailed!

jimgsmith
I've Been Around

Fixed for me too, but the audio is a little weird. Mostly its fine, but some commercials have one of the audio channels muted so that you can't hear what people are saying. Is this just me??

Peter-L
I'm Here A Lot

It's not just you - but it's not constant.  I find that in some (but only some) U.S. commercials, it's like one of the audio tracks (the one with the voice) has been dropped: All you hear are the background noises.  It's actually a kinda nice change!

TVattheLake
I've Been Here Awhile

Thrilled this is now fixed!!