cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CNBC World rather than the US Feed?

bcrownz
I've been here awhile

I'm in Ottawa using Ignite... this morning I noticed that CNBC (channel 79) is broadcasting CNBC world rather than the US feed... Is this a permanent change or some type of issue this morning?

***EDITED LABELS***

62 REPLIES 62

Re: CNBC World rather than the US Feed?

i have been on hold with rogers for 10 min. so far and have been on their chat 5 times and it keeps timing out . i as well have cnbc world instead of the uS feed.

techy14
I plan to stick around

I'm a Rogers' subscriber in Toronto (not Ignite).

Can someone at Rogers please change (FIX) the CNBC feed so it the US content is being broadcast instead of the CNBC World feed.

Looks like it started yesterday

Bear555
I've been here awhile
Can you confirm CNBC Live will come back after the Olympic’s

techy14
I plan to stick around

You can get a 7 free trial to CNBC Pro and watch the proper feed instead of the . on CNBC World.

Will Rogers be providing a refund to customers?

Also, when will Rogers start broadcasting CNBC in HD?

So once the Olympics are over, we’ll get back the far-more-useful U.S. feed?  Phew!

How about Rogers putting an explanatory banner at the bottom of the CNBCWorld screen?

JJ6969696969
I've been here awhile

Total garbage! Why couldn't there be a different channel dedicated for this. You pick the main business channel to broadcast Olympics? In years past coverage started at 5pm I believe. 

I think the time zone of the Games makes that impractical.

allant1
I've been here awhile

Why? What do the Olympics have to do with Canadians getting the inferior CNBC World feed instead of CNBC America during the Games? There's information missing here.

Thank you for clarifying. Not happy, but understand. Suggest you post on Channel 79 that this is temporary.

I'm guessing that - because there's probably a fair amount of Olympic coverage on CNBC America right now, and NBC does not have the Olympic rights in Canada (that's the CBC) - CNBC America is blocked during the Olympics.

techy14
I plan to stick around

Interesting... Just turned to Rogers Channel 17 HDNBC and NBC's Olympic coverage is on.  (Definitely the NBC Peacock in the top right corner of the screen and definitely U.S. announcers.)

Mercedes2
I've been here awhile

Same in Newmarket Ontario. Called Rogers to complain after being transferred 4 times and a 45 minutes wait. Got someone who said there was no issue with CNBC and sold me on getting  Bloomberg business. Rogers customer care stinks...

Mercedes2
I've been here awhile
Rogers now have the original CNBC business up today.Thanks

techy14
I plan to stick around

woo hoo - it looks like we actually made a difference.

Great to see that common sense has prevailed!

Fixed for me too, but the audio is a little weird. Mostly its fine, but some commercials have one of the audio channels muted so that you can't hear what people are saying. Is this just me??

It's not just you - but it's not constant.  I find that in some (but only some) U.S. commercials, it's like one of the audio tracks (the one with the voice) has been dropped: All you hear are the background noises.  It's actually a kinda nice change!

TVattheLake
I've been here awhile

Thrilled this is now fixed!!

TVattheLake
I've been here awhile

Spoke too soon. No Shepard Smith at 7 pm!!

Eugenekar
I've been here awhile
Time to change suppliers. Rogers has no consideration for its users and the huge amount of money we pay monthly

Eugenekar
I've been here awhile
Terrible decision
Topic Stats