cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CNBC World rather than the US Feed?

bcrownz
I've been here awhile

I'm in Ottawa using Ignite... this morning I noticed that CNBC (channel 79) is broadcasting CNBC world rather than the US feed... Is this a permanent change or some type of issue this morning?

***EDITED LABELS***

62 REPLIES 62

Re: CNBC World rather than the US Feed?

ReneHache
I plan to stick around
That would be logical, I guess people prefer to come here bashing Rogers instead of doing a little research first.

RN3
I plan to stick around

If you are invested in the US and Global markets...you will understand the importance of the CNBC US Feed. Plus  companies are reporting Q2 earnings....absolutely WORST time to take US feed offline. We pay Rogers for this channel so as customers we have a right to voice our opinion. This is not about reckless criticism or bashing anyone!

RN3
I plan to stick around
Thank you for this comment. BNN is so commodities focused.

hv27
I've been around
I agree I pay for CNBC and I like the channel. I don’t need to be told to watch another channel or show. I prefer to watch this specific one. And if I can’t I too will replace Rogers and simply pay to stream channels I want to watch rather than having to accept a substitute I’m not interested in. I will give Rogers the benefit of the doubt if the Olympics are the problem and out of their hands. But I would have appreciated a message banner on the screen explaining the change in content.

Lleasaca
I plan to stick around
I googled for an hour but couldn't find the answer. Buf guess what. Google is American based. Who care about us North of the border.
Rogers could be more helpful with our questions and concerns.... But they never are.

rbrown83
I've been around

is anyone else not getting CNBC US feed?

RN3
I plan to stick around
I understand your frustration. I am still waiting to hear back from Customer care and Tech Support. Its been hours...and Rogers cannot even provide an update or a banner message. Very very disappointing to say the least!!!

Lleasaca
I plan to stick around
It's because NBC the parent company of CNBC, has broadcast right to the Olympic games. They must be using the resources that bring us CNBC in Canada for the broadcasting of the Olympics

RN3
I plan to stick around
Lleasaca....thank you for the input. Hopefully Rogers provides an official update. Olympics vs. CNBC US Feed....the latter ALL DAY LONG!!!!

Brian34
I plan to stick around
Its not up to you to decide which channel people should like. If rogers has an issue with a channel feed, here is a novel idea, how about telling your customers.
If looking at cnbc website is all i wanted then why would i pay for cnbc tv feed?

jdferrari
I've been here awhile
If you are a CNBC pro subscriber you can luckily still watch the CNBC US live feed on the CNBC website

Brian34
I plan to stick around

Could not agree more, a banner over the channel, an email, a call, anything? No lets not do that, lets let our customers waste time trying to figure out what the problem is. Paying for a channel feed that i am not getting, i am sure rogers will be putting through a refund for the error. NOT. 

rpuistonen
I've been around
Has this been fixed ? Still getting CNBC world in Mississauga area. Any news from the tech dept.

bcrownz
I've been here awhile

I called support and was told that it would be this way for the duration of the olympics… no credit because this was a decision of the broadcaster and no options to get the US feed until the olympics is over.

TVattheLake
I've been here awhile

So frustrating that this is still not fixed... Anyone getting the US feed yet?

TVattheLake
I've been here awhile

I guess I'll be signing up for my 7-day free trial!! 

https://www.cnbc.com/pro/

RN3
I plan to stick around

Very very disappointing for sure. I now see the folly of being a cable subscriber! Best to go directly to the content providers! 

Alph
I plan to stick around

What is going on with CNBC showing the World feed? I want to see the American feed with pre-market reporting but instead I have some idiot show with fake job interviews and a fake candidate saying she has a 'go-getter' atittude. . .

Rogers, can you (please) get the correct feed on the CNBC channel. CNBC is useless to me without the American feed.

BGy59
I've been around
Why did I just get a text saying the problem is fixed when it clearly is not? Still getting that totally worthless CNBC World Feed. I can accept that it is a CNBC decision (albeit hard to understand as they wouldn’t be showing Olympics during trading hours anyway)but Rogers communications have been weak.

Hello, Community

We appreciate you all posting your concerns about the recent changes to the broadcasting of CNBC in Canada.

I can understand how much of an inconvenience this has become for many of you. Due to content rights, CNBC viewers in Canada will have access to CNBC World for the duration of the Olympics.

RogersTony

Hello All,

Couldn't agree more that a banner should have been put on the CNBC channel notifying customers of why the US feed was being dropped.  I also agree that CNBC world is completely useless if are invested in US stocks and want to get information on earnings etc.

I am disappointed with Rogers and would appreciate a credit in my account for the inconvenience caused as I do pay for the US feed and not CNBC world.

As an alternative if you log on to TD Think or Swim, it will give you access to CNBC US feed and there is no need to pay anything. Hope that Rogers in the future communicates better with their customers, although I am not holding my breath.

Topic Stats