Browsing the Guide While Watching Live TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Browsing the Guide While Watching Live TV

Hi,

Is it a fact that when you launch the guide on Ignite TV you lose your live tv feed window. That is........when scrolling thru the guide can you see still see your present channel like you can with the digital boxes.

I have been told you cannot see live tv while scrolling guide.

thanks

sadchel 

***Added Labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Browsing the Guide While Watching Live TV

@sadchel  That is true.  With Ignite TV, the Guide does overlay the TV picture, although the top and bottom portions are translucent (and you can adjust the opacity) and, of course, you still hear audio.

Ignite TV also has a Mini Guide.  Press the right arrow to access it.  With that, you can browse what's currently playing on other channels (on the right third of your TV screen) while still being able to view the current program.

That said, I still use the regular Guide all the time.  If you have any concerns about this, try Ignite TV out for yourself in a Rogers store.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That's too bad. 

Another question:  How many individual tv's/boxes will work with Ignite TV

thanks

sadchel

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I don't think there is a maximum. Unless Rogers is limiting the numbers but it be IPTV as many as your internet speed can handle.

I have 3.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sadchel wrote:

Another question:  How many individual tv's/boxes will work with Ignite TV

When you sign up for Ignite TV online, you can order up to 10 set-top boxes; 1 is included with the base bundle and you can request up to 9 additional boxes.  What I'm not sure about is how many of those can actually be streaming live TV at the same time.

Outside the home, when watching on a mobile device, Rogers currently limits you to 2 streams.

Inside the home, at one time, there was a limitation of 5 active streams but I think that this has been increased.  I don't know what the hard limit is.  It's not documented anywhere on the Rogers Ignite TV support site as far as I can tell.  Some have reported having 8 (possibly more) streams active.  The Ignite TV app alludes to a hard limit and allows you to terminate the stream on another device when that limit has been reached but it does not say what that limit actually is.

From a practical perspective, you'll ultimately be limited by the speed of your Internet connection and the maximum number of active devices that your Wi-Fi network hardware will support.